Good: Owner and buddy who works there are really nice and very helpful and super laid back Ask about the fig tree hike! cheaper to book ziplines through them. DYI Breakfast is generous with coffee, fruits, bread and eggs!
bad: Walls are paper thin and because everything is wood its really echo loud. Also lots of people seem to catch early bus in morning so not good if u live upstairs. The owner and family share the kitchen which in my experience is a no no especially because this one is really really small. They also use the common area as their home, so it's a bit uncomfortable to sit on the couch or use the computer when their kids are all over them. The cleaning lady is mean and constantly gave us a mean unwelcoming glare, she was always around but made more of a mess cooking than actually cleaning.
I wouldn't stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.