“lovely lovely stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Tranquilo Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Elena
Casa Tranquilo Hostel
You added Casa Tranquilo Hostel to your Saves list
100 m downhill from the SuperCompro supermrket | Monteverde, Puntarenas, Santa Elena 5655, Costa Rica   |
Vancouver, Canada
“lovely lovely stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here for a night or two in march 2012. It was such an amazing way to end my trip, staying at this nice and comfortable hostel.
The staff were super friendly and genuine, the food was great, and of course the walk and climb up the fig tree was incredible.
The price is perfect and i believe you get more than what you pay for!
I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants a comfortable stay, where you feel at home, with knowledgeable and honest staff :)
Oh! and the dogs! Love the dogs, definitely adds a nice vibe to have them around.
I meant to write this review a long time ago but failed to...sorry david! But here i am, still haven't forgotten y'all. :)

-vanessa

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I really can't say enough about this hostel, but it was the best place I stayed in during my trip & the staff there helped me to enjoy my trip more.
The hostel has a laid back and homely atmosphere, its owned by a local guy & his family which gives you the feel of staying at a local place. It is a small hostel with I think 8 rooms in total. The reception area is really nice & clean and they have free computers with internet which you can use. There is also a free wifi in the room which works perfectly well. The hostel has a kitchen upstairs with all the necessay utensils and they serve free breakfast in the morning & free coffee all day.The room was big and clean, with clean bed & a couple of chairs. The bathroom was also very clean & the shower worked perfectly good and for the rate I got, it was a real bargain.
All of this is enough to make you happy with your stay, but the staff even makes more satisfied with your choice of the hostel. From the moment I entered the hostel I was greeted by a friendly young man & the owner of the hostel who took me to a tour in the hostel & showed me everything & told me about all the aminities. Then came the part where the staff really excelled in, which is helping you in organizing your daily tours and activities. I had only 2 days and I wanted to take the maximum of them, I kept exploring the options with them & they spent some time assisting me in organizing my days. They tipped me on the best tours, the best canopy parks, transportation options to the cloud forest & san jose and booked me some tours with a great discounted rates. Finally, they offer to take you on a free hike around town which ends at a tree which you can climb and sit on top which was amazing.
Finally, if you decided to visit Santa Elena/Monteverde, don't hesitate in booking this hostel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Case Tranquilo is an excellent place to stay in Santa Elena. The hostel has everything you need to enjoy the time in Monteverde. Very friendly stuff with good insider knowledge about Costa Rica. Free fruits and breakfast was a really nice extra. Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I picked casa tranquilo because of the recent positive reviews on trip advisor - booked my room the morning before my arrival and my expectations were completely surpassed - the staff was friendly and helpful in regards to recommendations on locations and suggestions - and the set up of the hostel (where the kitchen is located) it's easy to meet people to chat or to make plans together -- as a traveler by myself for these 3 days in CR - I couldn't be happier. The room was very clean, the water hot (which was my first hot shower is costa rica!), and they even provided me with a bath towel :-) highly recommended and plan to stay there in the future on my next trip to CR.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Schliengen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at casa tranquilo and really liked the place. We booked a double bedroom with private shower for $12/night/person. It was very clean and nicely furnished. The communal kitchen is also very practical and has a nice view (with a balcony all around). Breakfast food is included, but you might want to add own food as it is very basic (toast, milk, eggs and fruits).

I would definitely recommend to stay there if you want a quiet, nice, central and affordable place in Monteverde.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great place with a lovely kitchen and common room. Good breakfast too. The manager and staff are all very friendly and helpful. Our family were taken out on an amazing walk to the big fig tree, which we never would have found ourselves. This hostel is in a really quiet spot, we slept so well!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David D, Owner at Casa Tranquilo Hostel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Hi Everyone, i kow i havent responded to many of these comments in the last few days. Just want to give a great big thank you for all your nice comments and suggestions. We will keep on working hard to keep improving and doing our best. Thank you so much for everything... and we Hope to see you back soon...
Granada, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Definitely would stay here every time when in town. Coolest staff I've seen. Felt like a second home. I stayed here for 3 night and it was great. They serve a good breakfast and had good clean beds and shower with warm water. Cool kitchen with everything that you need to make your own meals.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Casa Tranquilo Hostel? Share your experiences!