This place is simply amazing, the hostel is managed by 4 very helpful and friendly guys that will do everything they can to make you satisfied. The place isn't expensive at all, especially considering the services they offer you.
They offer food to prepare your own breakfast, along with unlimited and very good coffee. The breakfast is simple, consisting of eggs, bread, rice, fruits and coffee.
They also provide lots of good recommendations for activities, along with many very nice free guided hikes. We ended up doing the free hike and climbed up a hollow tree, then hiked up a mountain (Cerro Amigos if i remember correctly), ending into the dense cloud forest for a pretty complete experience of the cloud forest. Strenuous, but i definitely recommend giving it a try. The guide was very knowledgeable and friendly.
Would i go back to Monteverde with unlimited budget, i would still choose this place over the big resorts.
We stayed there at the beginning of december 2012. Thanks for hosting us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena