These guys know how to run a hostel. Easily competes for one of my favorite hostels of all time.
A day in the life of Casa Tranquilo-
Wake up to some bomb [--] cooking aka all the free eggs, bread, pastries, fruta fresca, and even homemade banana bread
Enjoy the company of the staff, they will be dancing by the time the sun comes up
Walk to town and explore, ask Elvis to go on a walk with his dogs, or have them set you up with a tour company
Come back and have that afternoon siesta and maybe a beer- hang in the commons area... you won't be alone
They go out to bars, show you the best cheap places for dinner, and will make you feel like a local. Get to know they staff, they make the effort to know you and that is rare. PLUS their music is right on with the mood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena