As far as hostels go, this one is hard to beat. Having stayed at various other hostels throughout Costa Rica, Casa Tranquilo was by far my favorite. When you’re traveling on a budget in country you’re not familiar with, you hope to find clean and comfortable accommodations with helpful and friendly staff, and Casa Tranquilo satisfied all of these needs.
The treehouse/cabin design of the hostel, with its large windows and skylights upstairs, gives the place a fun, open, and relaxing atmosphere. They provide kitchen access with free breakfast (plus delicious homemade banana bread), hot showers, decent-sized rooms (some are a bit drafty, but easily remedied with a towel/jacket placed over the windows), clean sheets and towels, laundry service, AND internet access! This alone would have made it a good hostel, but what made it a great experience as well was how helpful and friendly the staff were (Johnny, David, and Elvis). They helped us book tours and even gave my friend and I suggestions on how to travel to Playa Grande, and later into Nicaragua, safely and efficiently.
Casa Tranquilo definitely goes above and beyond to make sure you have both an enjoyable and memorable experience. I hope to come back to Costa Rica one day and Casa Tranquilo will definitely be on my “Places to Stay” list!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena