I stayed here for two nights in January 2012 with a group of friends, and it was a wonderful experience. They offer cute and clean rooms with delicious homemade banana bread in the morning (you can also make your own food with bread, eggs, fruit, etc. that they provide). The staff is incredibly helpful and knowledge--they assisted me in booking transportation and a room to the west coast, as well as helped me mapped out a route into Nicaragua. They helped us also organize a tour of Monteverde, including a night walk, and ziplining through the canopy (highly recommended).
They also have a hot shower, which is a huge bonus on these trips!
This was our favorite hostel from our two week trip. The staff is SO incredibly friendly, which makes all the difference in the world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena