“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Santa Elena
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We book Las Orquideas only a day before we went to stay so we weren't absolutely sure as to what it would be like. We instantly felt welcome and had our night walk and activities for the next day booked for us. The room was lovely and clean and was perfect for what we wanted, it was also only a 5 minutes walk into Santa Elena. Behind the hotel is a lovely view over the mountain where you can see clouds going past and a coati that comes to beg for the occasional banana :) We had a great time at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone wishing to make the most of your time in Monteverde.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was so pleased with this B&B that I plan to return with my entire family. Nidia and her staff ensure that you are comfortable and pleased. The breakfast was fresh and cooked to order. The rooms were clean and the water was warm with great pressure. I stayed for 3 night and wish were had stayed longer. Nidia helped me with my tour reservation and provided information on where the locals would eat. When my transport to Heredia did not show she made several calls for me and was able to get my daughter and I on the road quickly to our next destination. I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building. The back room has a nice view but it was very windy. The front room...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My two teenage sons and I stayed at Las Orquideas for 3 nights in July, 2014.
Nidia and her staff where wonderful, answered all our questions and booked our excursions.

They made us feel at home, we all got a great massage, Nidia took me to get a manacure/pedicure in town. My boys want to go back next year. Monteverde is a beautiful scenic, adventurous place to visit.

Love it!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I visited this delightful hotel and loved every minute of it. The room was clean, the price was good (55$), and our room had a wonderful view! The owner, Nidia, was very helpful and made us feel right at home.
A wonderful experience.

Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We spent two nights in Las Orquideas, it was okay, don't expect much more for the price.

The breakfast was good, hearty and typical. The bath was clean and the water pressure was very appreciated (rare enough to be noted!).

The beds however weren't comfortable at all, hard and we could feel every bed spring. We also found some dark hair in the polar sheets.

Don't expect much privacy, the walls are as thin as paper...the snoring guy next door seemed to sleep very well!

Stayed July 2014
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Great place. If you are staying just for a few days, this is a great alternative. 2 or 3 blocks of the town (Walking distance). Basic accommodations but enough for us (Family of 4). Includes breakfast. You feel like you are at home. Make sure you know there are only 2 or 3 places in the city that have a pool. The owner very friendly and flexible. My only complaint is that we stayed in a detached building so there was no WI-FI (In case is a necessity for you). Monteverde is a very small town anyway. I don’t recommend staying more than a couple of nights.

Carlos

Room Tip: The detached rooms are definitely bigger. In the one we stayed it was for 7 but we were 4. The one i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I loved the time with spent with owners Nidia and Dan and their responsive staff. The hotel is all wood and polish floors with a great deck for viewing birds and jungle. The healthy breakfasts were an unexpected delight as we enjoyed our morning feasts with other guests and heard of their adventures. My only regret is that I won't be at Las Orquideas this August-September when the Bellbirds descent en masse into the trees of Las Orquideas and deliver their resonant calls to all listeners. Nidia, our "hostess with the most-est," arranged a top-notch bird watching guide to show us the stunning birds of Monteverde. I highly recommend Las Orquideas.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Orquideas? Share your experiences!