“$2 beers!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bar Amigos

Bar Amigos
Santa Elana, Monteverde Del supermercado La Esperanza 50 mts este y 100 metros sur, Santa Elena, Costa Rica
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 26 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“$2 beers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent the evening here listening to live music and drinking beers! Super cheap beers, a truly local bar. We didn't eat here but the food looked good, especially the soup.

Visited June 2013

Heredia, Costa Rica
“Very comfy - convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I walked to Bar Amigos in the late afternoon from a hotel in Santa Elena. I found it to be very comfy, pleasant. There was a mix of locals and tourists sitting around. The music was not too loud. I chatted a bit with the barkeep about the weather, but he was setting up for the evening.

It is conveniently located just off the commercial center of town, around the corner from the Tree House. There seemed to be parking, although I was on foot.

I would go back on my next trip to Santa Elena.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Unexpectedly great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a recommendation from someone in our hostel. Great tortilla soup- delicious, filling and well-priced. Looked like a great place to dance as well. Lots of locals in there, a real favourite it seems.

Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is kinda a hole in the wall place. It looks kinda sketchy from the outside, but it is actually one of the best bar in Monteverde. There are lots of locals here, which is always a good sign. The service was good and fast. The drinks and the food are reasonably priced. I got the casado con pollo (2500c) and it was probably one of the best casado I have had in CR. The rice was so delicious. Great value for your money, I highly recommend it. Also, on the weekends, they have live music and there is also a dance floor and pool tables on the bottom floor.

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Average food, dishonest server”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Much bigger inside than we expected based on the entrance. It was extremely loud when we had dinner here, there was a soccer game on and the speakers blared the broadcast. The food was fine, decently priced for the quality. Our server ripped us off when he gave us our change, otherwise I would have given an Average rating to this place.

• Visited January 2013