I stayed here for 2 nights in November 2012. The property is a bit dated and in need of re-furbishment but the rooms are large with fantastic views across to the Gulf of Nicoya. The dining room is cavernous and a totally soulless place to eat. Main meals are okay , breakfast not so good - this wasn't helped by a surly and bad tempered waitress! I absolutely love dogs and they had a lovely friendly puppy - but even I would have kept him out of the dining room and stopped him from pestering guests for food.The bar is a bit worn but has a pleasant atmosphere where the friendly staff make up for the waitress in the restaurant.The location is outside of Santa Elena so eating out probably requires a taxi. This is a beautiful area and this hotel is a clean and adequate base.
- Also Known As:
- Montana Monteverde Hotel
- Montana Monteverde Santa Elena
- Hotel Montana Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Pacific Province of Puntarenas at 4.500 feet above the sea level, Hotel de Montaña Monteverde offers 42 comfortable rooms as well as a Jacuzzi, Sauna, Conference Room,internet, Bar and Restaurant which offers the special flavor and charm of home cooked Costa Rican cuisine.Adjacent to the hotel is a 15-hacres private forest, offering excellent view and trails, including a small pond for the guests enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Montana Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.