“Does not take credit cards” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 14 Attractions in Santa Elena
Type: Gardens, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: The Monteverde Orchid Garden is a place where you can enjoy beauty that is found in the marvelous world of orchids. Our garden has a large collection of orchids; we have more than 425 different species. You can find species that are endemic to Monteverde, and a collection of miniature orchids, including the smallest one in the world. We offer guided walks both in English and Spanish. We are in a great location in down town Santa Elena.
Boulder, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
“Does not take credit cards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This garden does not take credit cards. We were very disappointed not to be able to see the orchids. Staff was very unfriendly.

Visited February 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 attraction reviews
“Give yourself 45 minutes to an hour and learn about orchids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This small orchid garden, located behind a cafe, offers an amazing look at orchids -- not the hybrid type we're used to seeing in the U.S., but the multitude of varieties that are native to the cloud forests...including some so small, if you don't see them in the Monteverde Orchid Garden, you'll never spot them out in the forest. Have lunch first at the Orchid Garden Cafe and get $2 off the $10 admission to the garden (even at $10, it's still a good deal).

Visited January 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Splendid small suprise in St Elena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

May be it is a small garden but there is an amazing number of orchids, most of them with beautiful flowers (large and very very small). Guide was very enthousisatic and informative. I have learned a lot about orchids. We spend almost two hours there. There were beautiful birds as well. Flowers are attractive to anyone!

Vienna, Virginia
28 attraction reviews
“Loved it and I'm not a flower person at all!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I didn't want to visit this place as I'm more fauna than flora, but my wife talked me into it. And for the Nth time, it served as a reminder for why I should always listen to her!! :-)

The Orchid Garden was beautiful... ...so many different orchids, and of varying sizes. I was blown away by the tiny orchids that you had to see with a magnifying glass. Our guide was a young girl who was extremely knowledgeable about orchids so the tour was entertaining and educational.

I recommend the Orchid Garden. I have a new found respect for Orchids, and I am not lying when I write that I bought violet orchids for my house a week after we got back from CR.

Toronto, Canada
22 attraction reviews
“Overpriced and overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was far from impressed with the orchid garden. There isn't a lot to see, it is overpriced, and the guide was a bit stand-off-ish.