“Can't go wrong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sabor Tico

Sabor Tico
Frente la Plaza de Deportes Monteverde | Centro Comercial Monteverde, Santa Elena, Costa Rica
+506 2645 5827
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
New Paltz, New York
“Can't go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had this place on our list and then people kept telling us to that they heard from locals that it was recommended. Very good food. Simple, vegetarian food --- cassado and arroz vegetariano -- but really hit the spot. We went to the location in the "mall" so the ambiance was nothing special but the food was solid.

Boca Raton, Florida
“When in Monteverde, it's to Sabor Tico I go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Since I have visited Monteverde three times prior and having eaten here before many times, I knew what to expect...and it did not let me down this year. There are three reasons why I come here every time
1. it's reasonable
2. food is good, especially the guacamole with chips, fruit drinks and very large portions
3. it's right down the stairs from the Monteverde Rustic Lodge, my favorite place to stay when I'm here

You can tell that there are lots of tourists stopping in here, based on the languages they speak, and I see them again over the next few nights, so I am guessing they are just as pleased as I am. I met some guests that were staying at the lodge along with me, and we chatted and felt the Monteverde Rustic Lodge and Sabor Tico was a perfect combination of food and rest.

There is a soccer field outside, and on a sunny day (which is truly a gift here during the rainy season), you can watch locals of all ages put on a game. I was here during the World Cup when Costa Rica was going to put 24 years of losses to bed, so it was fun to see all the staff in their local jerseys and hats.

The wait staff is extremely pleasant and make sure to remove plates as soon as they see you are done. I also see lots of locals coming in and taking food out, so when you follow where the locals go, you know it's probably going to be good. It's a bit outside of town but a short ride here will not only give you a good meal, but a chance to see where Ticos live and go to school (one time I heard and saw the school band playing outside). And you can always walk back to town as downhill is much easier!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Good food and good prices. There are two restaurants- one in town and the other on the road. Very Tico food at very good price

Canada
“Didn't have a great experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We love local food and have had so many wonderful dishes in CR...but this was not the case in our trip to Sabor Tico. Would not return.

Visited August 2013
Oldenzaal, The Netherlands
“solid tico food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Typical Costa Rican restaurant with relaxed atmoshere and reasonable prices. Just order a cassado or a hamburger with french fries, nothing fancy.