“Friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monteverde Hostel Lodge

Save Saved
You added Monteverde Hostel Lodge to your Saves list
Monteverde Hostel Lodge
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Princial | 150 Mts North east from Monteverde Bus Station, Santa Elena 1273234, Costa Rica (Formerly Hotel Oasis)   |
Keizer, Oregon
“Friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed in Santa Elena for two nights at the Hotel Oasis. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They booked all my adventures. Shuttle service came to the hotel for all the activities I participated in. The room was clean and comfortable. I would stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

One good thing about this place is the location near the town. The gardens are beautiful. My room was at the top of the hill. If you have physical issues make sure you stay in a room near the reception office. The path can be very slippery when it rains and it's very dark at night. Fortunately, I had my flashlight.

My bathroom was nice. I was able to take a long relaxing bath.

The waiter at breakfast was nice. He always filled my cup of coffee.

The internet did not work throughout the stay. One of the workers was on the computer using Facebook and asked if I could use the computer quickly. She said, "No, there is no Internet." She is also the same girl who just stared at me and said "What!" when I checked in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
AdventureGirl2009
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

If location in town is your priority this is one to consider. There are not many places to stay right in town. I did not stay here, but noted the hotels in the town for the next trip. I stayed outside town a bit at El Establo (which is beautiful) but I like the idea of being right in town especially to go out for dinner, get groceries, etc.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

All night long motorcycles tore through the street - I hardly slept that night. The staff was quite pushy about activities. Also, I booked the room for $20 on hostelbookers, but when I got there, they made me pay $25.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in one of the "lower"/in the forest cabinas over the busy Semana Santa. The cabins are very simple but (wood paneling included) appropriate to the forest location. Conveniently located, the Wi-Fi worked well, and the staff were very helpful. However, there was some noise at times from a bar on the same street, and from people walking past my window (which causes the cabina to shake).

Stayed April 2012
East Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Ficus in the Woods in March 2012 and were pleased with everything. We agree that the staff were most friendly and helpful, especially Marcela. Their enthusiasm for Costa Rica was infectious. They went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and even gave us food to feed to the monkeys. We stayed in a duplex cabin in the woods which gave us the feeling of living in the trees. It had a loft, a wonderful balcony that encouraged one to sit and enjoy the wildlife in the trees, a large bathroom with a tub/shower as well as a walk-in shower, TV, minifridge, coffee and tea, and everything we needed. The rustic feel was very appealing and appropriate for those wanting to enjoy the nature of Costa Rica. The location was perfect as St. Elena was just a short walk away with cafes, shops, and restaurants. The walkways to the cabin were well-lit and the area beautifully landscaped. We enjoyed taking the trails through the woods on the property and saw a beautiful Blue Morpho butterfly as well as birds and monkeys. The only sounds we heard at night were the sounds of the forest, which made for great sleeping. The pina coladas in the restaurant/bar were the best! We would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Marcela A, Owner at Monteverde Hostel Lodge, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Nancy,

Thank you very much for such beautiful comment! We were very happy having you with us.

We hope to see you and your family again.

Kindest Regards from your friends in Hotel Finca Valverde.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Finca Valverde in March 2012 and enjoyed everything about the hotel. The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful, the grounds are beautiful and full of wildlife (including monkeys and sloths) and the rooms (duplex cabins that sleep 4 comfortably) are clean. The hotel also has a great location with just a short walk to the village and good restaurants and shopping. It is also just a short drive to many of the nearby attractions. In our 9 day journey through Costa Rica (4 different hotels), this was our favorite place. We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the cabins that was a short hike from the reception area.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Monteverde Hostel Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Monteverde Hostel Lodge

Address: Princial | 150 Mts North east from Monteverde Bus Station, Santa Elena 1273234, Costa Rica (Formerly Hotel Oasis)
Location: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Monteverde > Santa Elena
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 24 Specialty lodging in Santa Elena
Hotel Class:3 star — Monteverde Hostel Lodge 3*
Hotel Oasis located in the main street of Santa Elena Center, visit us and check our rooms and rates, we offer you:- Rooms with private bath and hot water- First, second and third floor- Wifi in the rooms- Breakfast included - Communal kitchen- Tour desk- 10% discount for extremos canopy ( only for our guests )We offer you, too:Canopy Extremo ( tour by the cables, tarzan swing, rappel and the superman),Bungee jumping, big tarzan swing,Hanging bridges, night walking, coffee tour, horseback riding, water fall, ATV, and many others tour of the area. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Monteverde Hostel Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Monteverde Hostel Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena

If you own or manage Monteverde Hostel Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.