“Best Spot Ever” 5 of 5 stars

400 Mts North National Bank, Santa Elena 5655, Costa Rica   |
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Spot Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at this lovely spot for a week and it was a home away from home. The owners are two of the best people on earth- not to mention best chefs too! This is a gem. Perfectly located away from the hustle and bustle of the town by just a short walk that even my 5 year old could do easily. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Montpellier, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I spent about a week at the Mar Inn and I couldn't have been happier. The owner of this B&B and his family made me feel home. They helped me any time I needed, we chatted about the area, the animals, life in Costa Rica, anything we felt like. On top of this, the B&B is very clean, the view from the deck beautiful, the breakfast is good and with plenty of food. I especially enjoyed reading on the deck of the B&B every day after my walks. I highly recommend this B&B, especially for the nice feeling that the family owning the B&B will leave you with.

Room Tip: Ask if possible to have the room with a window on the deck.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

Had a perfect stay over xmas, very friendly people, totally caring and making me feeling immediatly at home. Got a little xmas present and it is just so nice having breakfast there... Prepared with so much dedication and love....

Also the balcony is a beautiful place to sit, to chill, to read a book an also to see the sunset...

• Stayed December 2011
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Giovanny and his wife made us feel very comfortable and at home during our 4 day stay in December. The breakfast was delicious and different each day that we were there. Giovanny booked our tours and provided historical information on the area, restaurant recommendations, as well as driving directions. We highly recommend this hotel to all travelers to the Monteverde or Santa Elena area.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and comfortable. Prices vary depending on room beds/space.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This is slightly late, but during a Global Volunteers trip to Monteverde, we stayed at the Mar Inn for 2 weeks. These were one of the best two weeks of my life, and the Mar-Inn was a huge contributing factor to my experience. The Marin family is one of the most hospitable, accommodating, friendly and interesting families there are. Staying at the Mar-Inn felt like I was living in my house for 2 weeks. The home cooked meals were terrific and it was always fun to just hang out with the Marin family, shoot the breeze, learn Spanish or watch the latest soccer match. The Mar-Inn rooms were great and cleaned daily.
If you're heading to Santa Elena, I HIGHLY recommend you stay at the Mar-Inn, because not only are you getting a wonderful place to stay, you are also going to meet wonderful people (the Marin's, travelers, etc.).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I stayed in the Mar-Inn for two weeks late July 2011-August 2011. The Marin family made me feel at home; they are great hosts! The food was excellent; the rooms were clean; the location was great. Geovanny was so helpful when we wanted to know about local tours, events, and helped us book and arrange all of our adventures. If you are going to Santa Elena, I highly recommend staying at the Mar-Inn Bed and Breakfast - you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Warrensburg, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Thank you, Marin family! We really enjoyed your food, music, singing, conversation and assistance with booking all of our fantastic adventures in the Monteverde region. I have never met such wonderful people who are willing to help in every way possible! I hope to visit again in the years to come!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Mar Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!