“Go upstairs!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vaduz, Liechtenstein
“Go upstairs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We spent 4 lovely days here and loved everything about the place and the owners.
The room we had was upstairs, with a balcony and a great view.
The bed was super-comfy, the bathroom was good as well, we only wished for a slightly hotter shower...you need it here!
Breakfast was delicious, especially the banana pancakes with coconut syrup.
There is also a well equipped kitchen for guests and a supermarket up the road.
Freddy is very helpful and very well organized...Really hard-working guy!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs, facing the long balcony are brighter and have a great view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Freddy and his family run a warm and friendly hostel. The room in the second floor has a magnificent view. Freddy goes out of his way to make life easier for the people staying there. He help us buy bus tickets when we couldn't make it in time. He also woke up at 5:30 to make breakfast for us when we had to depart early. Excellent can't even describe his hospitality. He also gives discount in zipline and other tours. Wished we could stayed there more!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Freddy and his family were so helpful and nice!
The room was nice and the location was good! We booked a zip line tour through them and got a $10 discount per person. We wanted to see the fig trees that you can climb and Freddy took the time to take us there and show us around. Before we left he even helped us find other neat places to visit in Costa Rica. Wonderful people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Freddy and his family really work hard to help you while you are there in any way they can.. Their hospitality is what comes across and unlike other places in Monteverde that are really there simply for your money, here, you actually feel welcomed to stay and enjoy MTV.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I am so happy with my stay at Cabinas Eddy. The place is super clean, and the owner is super nice. There is a clean kitchen for all food preperation and the included breakfast is made to order and delicious. There are buses that will pick you up at the hotel (just arrange it with the owner) to take you to Santa Elena Reserve (or where ever else you have to go).
I ended up staying one day instead of two (but paid for two) because I realized while there that I could not get to Osa Peninsula from Monteverde in one day. I told the owner that I had to leave early and he very willingly refunded my money for the second night.
I would stay here again in a heart beat.
Oh, and it is a short walk (less than 5 min) to the center of town, but is not a party hostel like some of the others. Perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I first met Eddy when I was desperate to book another room after landing in a squalid, run down, more expensive B&B (Cabinas el pueblo). On my first solo trip hopping around costa rica, I was nervous. They are plenty of places who think you're young & cheap and therefore believe they do not need provide clean, quality services.

Eddy & family are all genuinely good people. After roaming Santa Elena for a new place to stay, I immediately was relieved to find Cabinas Eddy everything else had been far shadier in comparison even though they were listed in Lonely Planet. I really appreciated how Eddy offered to drive me to the "other B&B" to pick up my luggage and rescheduled my shuttled to pick me up at Cabinas Eddy. The family is also absolutely lovely. They go to great lengths to make fresh food and welcome visitors. Kitchen is always lively!

For the price, this place is exceptional. My room "at the other place" was $25. Here it was $15 and immaculately clean. The common area is a great place to socialize with other visitors and use the free wifi. Also there is a cute guest kitchen with pot and pans. I found a lot of people cooking together here. Balcony and hammocks upstairs are a nice amenity as well. Overall, I can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed November 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had Cabinas Eddy recommended to us by some friends, I am so glad they told us about it. Great location. Amazing breakfast. The rooms are super clean! It has a great feel to it and the owners and employees are really friendly. Definitely book the Extremo Ziplining through them and any other tours you plan on doing during your stay as it's cheaper than going to the company direct and if bad weather sets in or you are unable to go they will refund you the money. Cannot speak highly enough of this place. You won't want to leave!!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Cabinas Eddy B&B? Share your experiences!