“Great Views, Great People” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Attractions in Santa Elena
Type: Trams
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: While staying in Monteverde don’t miss the Sky Tram that will lead you up to the Continental Divide and to one of the highest mountains in the area.  Sky Tram is a guided tour where you can have the opportunity to observe the cloud forest outstanding biodiversity, the majestic Arenal Volcano and the Nicoya Gulf.The Sky Trek’s zip lines go from mountain to mountain, allowing you fly through a cable at speeds up to 40 miles per hour and heights of over 520 feet.  There are also 5 observation towers that surpass the cloud forest treetops, providing amazing panoramic views our company has a braking system that was superior to what I'd experienced in other places.The zip linesthemselvesare long and fast, when the clouds cleared, we were able to see the ocean, which was amazing. It is a really great experience.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Great Views, Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I did the zipline tour which was a lot of fun to zip through the forest at fast speeds taking in the views. The workers were really friendly and really nice and helpful. If you struggled in anyway they were there to help you.
I felt super safe with them and there were children and adults of all ages. We ended with the tarzan swing (youtube it) which was great fun.

Visited August 2013

Surrey
“Great view but mediocre, questionable guide!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I took the Skytram and Skytrek tours for $55. The view was great despite the cloudy, misty weather. The highlight was when the tram was slightly swaying up in the canopy. Unfortunately, that is all the positives I can say about this tour.

I have taken two different guided tours: one in Tortuguero and Arenal, and I have to say the guided Skywalk tour was a huge disappointment! Our tour guide, Daniel, wasn't as nearly knowledgeable about the flora and fauna in Montederve let alone places in Costa Rica. We had difficult time understanding his explanation, often had to correct him with his explanation, and asked him to speak up as the people at the back couldn't hear him. When he gave his information, it was very basic, limited and of general knowledge. I could have saved $25 and read the infor from the guide book or the Internet.

During the Skywalk tour, Daniel asked if all nine of us paid for the two tours (there were ten of us in total except one of the tourist opted for Skytrek instead). When six of the tourists did not pay, he announced to everyone that it would be his gift to them for the free Skytram tour. Although a great gesture on his part, it would be common sense if he privately disclose the infor to them. The three of us, including myself, who paid for the two tours weren't pleased. To top if off, the tourist who went on the Skytrek went on the Skytram for free as well.

Other concerns about this tour company...initially I booked for 10:30 am tour. It got changed to 1:30 pm, and then it got changed again to 12:30. Waiting for the shuttle to pick me up took extra 15 minutes. When the same driver dropped me off, it was at a different hostel. Was he just tired?????
When I asked Daniel if the tour at 10:30 was booked. He replied no, but then quickly said it was because three of the guides had to fill in for other tours? Hmmm...there weren't many people at the tour, in fact, we were the only tourists there from the start and end of the tour.

Lack of communication from the tour operators. For example, we were told that we would have time to order food from upstairs before the start of the tour. The six tourists who got the free Skytram ordered hamburgers. Unfortunately, they had to take their food with them since we were waiting.

Also, when you book a tour, you are given a green fruit voucher (one stick of fruit kebab). I asked the female operator if I can have the fruit after my tour. Sure, no problem she said. Only to
discover that after the tour, the restaurant upstairs was closed early because the some of the operators were doing a team building exercise downstairs.

If you choose to go on the tour, hope you have a professional, knowledgeable guide who doesn't underestimate your intelligence, and hope you have a great experience! Perhaps, you may get lucky and have two tours for the price of one :)

Visited August 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing & safe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The best sensation of our trip! The guides are real professionals, you will feel safe and sound from the top to the end .

UK
13 attraction reviews
“Great views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We took the enclosed ski lift like tram to 6000 feet and the continental divide atop the mountain. Stunning views up there and also on the way up and down. It's also the highest point for those doing the zip wire. You can climb a 200 foot tower on the mountain to go even higher. Not a particularly cheap attraction but well worth it for the fun and photos.

Los Altos, California
10 attraction reviews
“Great time but too short!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I did the zip lining today, and it was a blast! The guides were very professional, kind, and knowledgable about the area (they even pointed out venomous snakes to us!). I had a blast with the views and zip lining, but my only wish was that there were more zip lines. There were a total of 8 zip lines, and although they have the highest and longest zip lines in Central America, I guess I'm an adrenaline junkie and just crave more. However, we did it in a private group (there were only 4 of us compared to the normal group size of 13+) and us not having to wait in a line before each line probably cut down the time as well. Definitely something you should do in La Fortuna!