We stayed for two nights in early October 2013. Camino Verde is almost hostel-like, offering private rooms with bath as well as shared rooms with shared baths. Our room was comfortable and of good size, and the bathroom was adequate with a good shower.
Breakfast was very good. Fresh fruit and coffee, plus five choices prepared to order including various combinations of eggs, toast, and pancakes. Andres assisted us with booking a tour at Curi-Cancha. Parking was available in the facility's interior yard, but we left our car on the street immediately in front of the hotel. We were able to store some perishables and beverages in the hotel's fridge.
The hotel is on the edge of town (Santa Elena), but a couple of sodas and a mini are nearby, and a short and easy walk to the town center gets you numerous eating spots and a larger supermarket. We occasionally heard a bit of traffic noise from the street below the hotel (the main road into Santa Elena and Monteverde), and sounds from the adjoining room(s) were audible now and then, but all in all Camino Verde is an excellent choice if you're looking for comfort and value and not high-end luxury.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Verde Bed And Breakfast Monteverde
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Hotel
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Hotel Santa Elena
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 300 mtrs downhill from Bar Amigos across the Church in downtown, or 300 Mtrs Southwest From SuperCompro Supermarket. Across from the church you will find an entrance, follow that entrance pass Bar Amigos, straight down the dirt road for 300m. (We are right next to Tinas Casitas) We are almost the last lodging on that road, we are between a small mini market called ” Las Orquideas” and a small restaurant called la ” La Amistad” We now have UNLIMITED FREE CALLS to the U.S.A and cheap calls to the rest of the world. Camino Verde B&B is a "Bed and Breakfast" style lodging opened in 2009 and located on the edge of Santa Elena. The B&B is laid out in the style of a family house and guests are encouraged to treat it as their home. The building was in fact once the owner's family home which gave inspiration to this 'Tica House' designed hotel.The B&B is situated a 5 minute walk from the town centre of Santa Elena, but is far enough away for it to be quiet and have more rural surroundings. This is the perfect option for those who crave the quiet side of the countryside but who require the amenities provided in a town. FACILITIES: Camino Verde B&B comprises private rooms which sleep 2 to 4 guests. Four of the rooms have shared bathroom facilities and the rest are en suite. For the rooms with private bathroom the prices are $25 for one person, $35 for a double, triple $45 and quadruple $55. Rooms with shared bathroom costs $15 for a single and $25 for a double. All prices include breakfast and tax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.