This is well-run bed and breakfast a short walk from Santa Elena town. We stayed for 3-nights here and the owners, Jose and Andres, are quite accommodating and quick to offer suggestions for activities. They both speak fluent English, a plus for travelers with limited Spanish speaking abilities, and were born and raised in the area, so you you definitely get the sense they know what they're talking about!
Getting there: Jose arranged private transportation for us from San Jose Airport to Camino Verde. It's about a 3-hour ride, and for the most part, OK. However, the last 20-30 minutes was BUMPY! Brace yourself...
Location: A short 10-min walk from Santa Elena, the bed & breakfast is in a convenient location.
Accommodations: Clean, with lots of 'personality'. We had a room with a private bathroom. Bed was OK -- what you would be expect for a bed & breakfast.The walls are thin - if you listen closely, you can hear the conversations. And even if you don't listen closely, you can still hear the conversations! And keep in mind this is a sustainable place, so no flushing toilet paper down the toilet!
Breakfast: Included in the price and was yummy! (One day, we were running late for the tour and Andres was kind enough to pack breakfast to-go for us! Very thoughtful!)
Nearby Attractions: We didn't have a car and relied on guided tours throughout out entire stay, so proximity of attractions was not an issue for us as pick-up/drop-off transportation was included in the tours.
Overall, a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 300 mtrs downhill from Bar Amigos across the Church in downtown, or 300 Mtrs Southwest From SuperCompro Supermarket. Across from the church you will find an entrance, follow that entrance pass Bar Amigos, straight down the dirt road for 300m. (We are right next to Tinas Casitas) We are almost the last lodging on that road, we are between a small mini market called " Las Orquideas" and a small restaurant called la " La Amistad" We now have UNLIMITED FREE CALLS to the U.S.A and cheap calls to the rest of the world. Camino Verde B&B is a "Bed and Breakfast" style lodging opened in 2009 and located on the edge of Santa Elena. The B&B is laid out in the style of a family house and guests are encouraged to treat it as their home. The building was in fact once the owner's family home which gave inspiration to this 'Tica House' designed hotel.The B&B is situated a 5 minute walk from the town centre of Santa Elena, but is far enough away for it to be quiet and have more rural surroundings. This is the perfect option for those who crave the quiet side of the countryside but who require the amenities provided in a town. FACILITIES: Camino Verde B&B comprises private rooms which sleep 2 to 4 guests. Four of the rooms have shared bathroom facilities and the rest are en suite. For the rooms with private bathroom the prices are $25 for one person, $40 for a double, triple $45 and quadruple $55. Rooms with shared bathroom costs $15 for a single and $25 for a double. All prices include breakfast and tax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Odigeo, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Verde Bed And Breakfast Monteverde
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Hotel Santa Elena
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena