We stayed at the Camino Verde for four nights in late April, 2012. We had a room with a private bath(other rooms share a bath). Jose, the manager, was extremely helpful. Camino Verde is clean and basic. We did change rooms after two days because there was a bit of a sewer odor in our room which was located next to the kitchen and shared bath. Our second room was nice. The shower was hot.
The sheets were a bit thin and the mattress was a bit soft, but we slept well.
We were surprised by the amount of wind, but then realized that we were at the top of the mts. between the Caribbean and the Pacific.
The breakfast was good and plentiful. It was a good way to start our day.
Don't miss the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. We also took an evening horseback ride at the El Rodeo stables and did a night walk with Santamaria. Both were worthwhile.
Except for the bedding, I thought that it was a great place to stay. That said, we still slept well.
We were also surprised by the lack of mosquitoes. There were really none to speak of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 300 mtrs downhill from Bar Amigos across the Church in downtown, or 300 Mtrs Southwest From SuperCompro Supermarket. Across from the church you will find an entrance, follow that entrance pass Bar Amigos, straight down the dirt road for 300m. (We are right next to Tinas Casitas) We are almost the last lodging on that road, we are between a small mini market called ” Las Orquideas” and a small restaurant called la ” La Amistad” We now have UNLIMITED FREE CALLS to the U.S.A and cheap calls to the rest of the world. Camino Verde B&B is a "Bed and Breakfast" style lodging opened in 2009 and located on the edge of Santa Elena. The B&B is laid out in the style of a family house and guests are encouraged to treat it as their home. The building was in fact once the owner's family home which gave inspiration to this 'Tica House' designed hotel.The B&B is situated a 5 minute walk from the town centre of Santa Elena, but is far enough away for it to be quiet and have more rural surroundings. This is the perfect option for those who crave the quiet side of the countryside but who require the amenities provided in a town. FACILITIES: Camino Verde B&B comprises private rooms which sleep 2 to 4 guests. Four of the rooms have shared bathroom facilities and the rest are en suite. For the rooms with private bathroom the prices are $25 for one person, $35 for a double, triple $45 and quadruple $55. Rooms with shared bathroom costs $15 for a single and $25 for a double. All prices include breakfast and tax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Hotel Santa Elena
- Camino Verde Bed And Breakfast Monteverde
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena