“Friendly place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
West Midlands
“Friendly place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This hostel is warm and friendly. There is an excellent kitchen to make food to cut down costs. The free breakfast that is made for you is delicious. The owners offer excellent advice regarding tours and they also have good wider knowledge of national transportation etc. The rooms are clean and warm and the bathroom facilities are sound. The only downside is the walk from the bus station to the hostel (especially with a heavy backpack!!) - but once conquered its well worth the money.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The place was perfect for us and our 8 monts baby. The room was big, the shower was hot. The breakfast was excelent and the staff was very very hepful and friendly. The location was good with a grocery strore just next door. The kitchen was very clean and user friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a fantastic stay in Cabinas El Pueblo. We stayed in the front room downstairs with a shared bathroom. The room was spotless and comfortable and the bathrooms were great (even had hot water!). The breakfasts are simple but a great way to start the day and rotate every second day. The communal area was really great and met some other friendly travelers. The kitchen was (unlike some hostels we've stayed in) spotless and super functional to use. Freddy was so helpful and friendly organising tours etc. All in all, it was a great, good value base to explore Monteverde from.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is my first time staying at a backpacker’s hostel and I am glad that I picked Cabinas El Pueblo. I made my decision based on Tripadvisor reviews. I stayed for 2 nights in Private Room #1. Check in was a breeze and Jennifer provided information about all the tours & activities. She was very helpful and made the requested reservations for the different tours right away. I was very impressed with her enthusiasm. The room is comfortable providing basic creature comforts. The water gets heated when passing through the shower head so if the shower is moved all the way the end, the water does not get heated. It took me sometime to figure it out. I met Freddy and Marlenny later that evening who were very friendly. Freddy would always ask if I needed anything whenever he ran into me.

The hostel is located 5 minutes away (by walk) from the town center in a quiet lane. I would walk to the town center to have dinner after returning from the tours and then walk back late in the night. The supermarket in the town center also sells different kinds of woodwork souvenirs and has a good selection to choose from.

I will definitely recommend staying here for exploring the Monteverde area. This is by no means a full service hotel so if you are looking one, this is not for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Campinas, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excelent place to stay! Hot shower, good coffee, good bed, wireless, best price of the region.
I stayed with my friend just for one night, but I enjoyed a lot.
The people that attend us were well receptive and we talked to rearrange the price.
It is located in a difficult place to find, but near by the center of Monteverde.
I am very thankful to all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hostel was a great find on our trip. It has a great location, helpful staff, nice atmosphere, and a wonderful breakfast! We would definitely recommend!!! They booked all of our excursions and were very informative about activities in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My daughter and I had a great time staying with Marlenny and Freddy at Cabinas El Pueblo. They were friendly and genuine, and helped us book several activities without pushing us to do more than we could afford. We slept well, had good breakfasts, and enjoyed the stay very much.

Room Tip: Our room was a little dark; the two upstairs rooms closest to the office looked the nicest