“Cheap, Clean, and Super Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

100 mtrs del bar amigos, Santa Elena 805655, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Chicago, Illinois
“Cheap, Clean, and Super Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed in a room downstairs with a shared bathroom. The room was small and nothing special, but cheap and clean, so it was perfect for my stay there, as I was out most of the day and really only back at the hostel to sleep. The room was perfect for that as it was super quiet and came with a nice blanket for the chilly night. There were only about 4 rooms sharing 2 full bathrooms, so that was nice as well as I never had to wait for the shower or bathroom. The staff was very friendly and inviting and gave me lots of good information! I would definitely come back to this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

the hostel is really nice. the service is good and they are very helpful with organizarion of your trips and tours. they offer average breakfast included in the price. the hostel itself is surrounded by trees, but very close to the supermarket and the inner city. we were satisfied, the only thing that was negative were all the rules and warning stickers all around the hostel telling what not to do and what to fear if rules are broken. (50$ dollar fine for cleaning shoes with towels), which doesnt make you feel like you are in a hostel rather in a correction center.

Zug, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly people providing a familiar and at the sane time professional atmospher. very good information about the region, possible tours and providers. possibility of buying tour tickets directly at the hotel with cancellation guarantee.

• Stayed April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

3 of us stayed in a room with an ensuite bathroom for 2 nights. The room was lovely and clean and spacious. The staff were so helpful. It was very good value for money. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and if I return to Monteverde I will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3nights.staff very informative and helpfull. They very keen for you to book trips with them but not by pressure but from all the notes on the walls even to the extent of putting a copy of a complaint letter about another company on the wall! Bit too much really.
Rooms basic n clean. Very thin walls but that's not unusual. Very good clean kitchen. Breakfast included but its from 6.30-8.30!? Don't kno about you but I don't always want to up at crack of dawn. 9.30 is more reasonable.
Nice place overall

Newark Notts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

There is no doubt in my mind that when I choose to stay in this hostel I made the right choice.The staff could not be more friendly.They gave excellent service in a quiet and pleasant environment.The double room which I stayed in was comfortable and clean as was the rest of the hostel.If you decide to visit this area I fully recommend this hostel.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I chose Cabinas El Pueblo because of its good ratings on TripAdvisor and I was not disappointed. It is comfortable, quiet, clean and very friendly. I enjoyed my breakfasts every morning, which always started with a plate of fruit. One night I accidentally locked myself out of my room after the office closed and had to go find someone to call Freddy to let me in! He came right away and laughed with me over my silly mistake. He and Marjenny helped me with my basic Spanish, booked tours for me, and even drove me up to the Monteverde Cloud Forest so I wouldn't have to take the bus. As a solo traveler, being treated like one of the family is always such a blessing. PS. Freddy and Marjenny recommend eating at Soda Amistad, a two-minute walk farther down the lane. I heartily endorse this recommendation!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1, which is tiny (only enough space for a bunkbed and a luggage rack) but which has...