“friendly with lots of services” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 8 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
Zug, Switzerland
“friendly with lots of services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly people providing a familiar and at the sane time professional atmospher. very good information about the region, possible tours and providers. possibility of buying tour tickets directly at the hotel with cancellation guarantee.

• Stayed April 2013

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

3 of us stayed in a room with an ensuite bathroom for 2 nights. The room was lovely and clean and spacious. The staff were so helpful. It was very good value for money. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and if I return to Monteverde I will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3nights.staff very informative and helpfull. They very keen for you to book trips with them but not by pressure but from all the notes on the walls even to the extent of putting a copy of a complaint letter about another company on the wall! Bit too much really.
Rooms basic n clean. Very thin walls but that's not unusual. Very good clean kitchen. Breakfast included but its from 6.30-8.30!? Don't kno about you but I don't always want to up at crack of dawn. 9.30 is more reasonable.
Nice place overall

• Stayed March 2013
Newark Notts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

There is no doubt in my mind that when I choose to stay in this hostel I made the right choice.The staff could not be more friendly.They gave excellent service in a quiet and pleasant environment.The double room which I stayed in was comfortable and clean as was the rest of the hostel.If you decide to visit this area I fully recommend this hostel.

• Stayed March 2013
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I chose Cabinas El Pueblo because of its good ratings on TripAdvisor and I was not disappointed. It is comfortable, quiet, clean and very friendly. I enjoyed my breakfasts every morning, which always started with a plate of fruit. One night I accidentally locked myself out of my room after the office closed and had to go find someone to call Freddy to let me in! He came right away and laughed with me over my silly mistake. He and Marjenny helped me with my basic Spanish, booked tours for me, and even drove me up to the Monteverde Cloud Forest so I wouldn't have to take the bus. As a solo traveler, being treated like one of the family is always such a blessing. PS. Freddy and Marjenny recommend eating at Soda Amistad, a two-minute walk farther down the lane. I heartily endorse this recommendation!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1, which is tiny (only enough space for a bunkbed and a luggage rack) but which has...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything was first rate: our room, the breakfasts, kitchen facilities and the booking of tours. Marleny and Freddy and their staff made us feel very welcome. We were there for a week and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Arriving in Monteverde in the evening, we would have been more likely to stay in one of the first hostels we saw but this hostel, tucked 100 m behind the supermercado (down a little dirt path), felt like arriving home. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we got to choose our breakfast from a selection, which was delicious and freshly prepared for us the next morning. The back patio has tables and hammocks where you can relax, and the kitchen is large and fully equiped. We especially enjoyed the fresh coffee they served and the owner was so kind he gave us a free bag to take with us when we left. Amazing value, friendly atmosphere and overall a very good choice for our two nights in Monteverde!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a droom with a double bed and shared bathroom; it wasn't very big but it had a nic...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabinas El Pueblo Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!