“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

3 of us stayed in a room with an ensuite bathroom for 2 nights. The room was lovely and clean and spacious. The staff were so helpful. It was very good value for money. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and if I return to Monteverde I will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3nights.staff very informative and helpfull. They very keen for you to book trips with them but not by pressure but from all the notes on the walls even to the extent of putting a copy of a complaint letter about another company on the wall! Bit too much really.
Rooms basic n clean. Very thin walls but that's not unusual. Very good clean kitchen. Breakfast included but its from 6.30-8.30!? Don't kno about you but I don't always want to up at crack of dawn. 9.30 is more reasonable.
Nice place overall

• Stayed March 2013
Newark Notts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

There is no doubt in my mind that when I choose to stay in this hostel I made the right choice.The staff could not be more friendly.They gave excellent service in a quiet and pleasant environment.The double room which I stayed in was comfortable and clean as was the rest of the hostel.If you decide to visit this area I fully recommend this hostel.

• Stayed March 2013
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I chose Cabinas El Pueblo because of its good ratings on TripAdvisor and I was not disappointed. It is comfortable, quiet, clean and very friendly. I enjoyed my breakfasts every morning, which always started with a plate of fruit. One night I accidentally locked myself out of my room after the office closed and had to go find someone to call Freddy to let me in! He came right away and laughed with me over my silly mistake. He and Marjenny helped me with my basic Spanish, booked tours for me, and even drove me up to the Monteverde Cloud Forest so I wouldn't have to take the bus. As a solo traveler, being treated like one of the family is always such a blessing. PS. Freddy and Marjenny recommend eating at Soda Amistad, a two-minute walk farther down the lane. I heartily endorse this recommendation!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1, which is tiny (only enough space for a bunkbed and a luggage rack) but which has...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything was first rate: our room, the breakfasts, kitchen facilities and the booking of tours. Marleny and Freddy and their staff made us feel very welcome. We were there for a week and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Arriving in Monteverde in the evening, we would have been more likely to stay in one of the first hostels we saw but this hostel, tucked 100 m behind the supermercado (down a little dirt path), felt like arriving home. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we got to choose our breakfast from a selection, which was delicious and freshly prepared for us the next morning. The back patio has tables and hammocks where you can relax, and the kitchen is large and fully equiped. We especially enjoyed the fresh coffee they served and the owner was so kind he gave us a free bag to take with us when we left. Amazing value, friendly atmosphere and overall a very good choice for our two nights in Monteverde!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a droom with a double bed and shared bathroom; it wasn't very big but it had a nic...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newberg, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights traveling solo. The staff were pretty friendly in person, however I found all the signs about possible fines a bit insulting. If you washed your own clothes in the bathroom there was a fine. Another fine if you had a guest, if you stayed past 10am check out, if you washed your shoes with their towel. Then there was breakfast. You have to sign up on the kitchen whiteboard by 8pm the night before. Breakfast was pretty simple and few choices and small portions. However, the sign said breakfast was a courtesy not a right, so sit down, shut up and like it....or there will be a fine. Access to the hotel was up a steep ramp. Those with mobility issues, I would advise looking elsewhere. The desk books tours for you. I was confused by the receptionists answers when I asked about specifics though. The Monteverde area is very nice, just plan on a long trip up the mountain on mostly gravel roads. The town itself has a lack of parking and this hostel only had a small area at the side of the road for parking. It looked like the three cars that were there when I visited was about the max.

I would strongly recommend to this hostel that they take down all the individual posters and fines from the rooms and common areas. It just looks tacky, especially since they all had English spelling and grammar errors. If the management needs some kind of guideline for guests, consolidate it into one page, get it proofed for spelling and handout to guests in check in. Please treat your guests like guests instead of unruly children. Your accommodation may be budget but it is a business and if you want business to improve, you can start by improving your guests' experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Monteverde Host... C, Propietario at Cabinas El Pueblo Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hello Dear Star
I am sorry that your stay is not the best, and if we have clear rules to follow, because in all hostel's rules that we must follow.
As that after 10:00 pm should not be noise as there are people who need some rest and sleep.
No it bothers you because this rule if you can not sleep well you mind, I'm sorry that was not the ideal place.
The breakfast at my hostel is one of the best of all hostels in Monteverde.
we have rules that are towels after the bath to clean shoes and not because that's not the proper use of the towel.
And between this hotel rules that do not allow people who do not stay in the hostel for the same security as the host could be lost something and we want to avoid a bad time.

We have two parking one right next to my hostel and another in front of my hostel.

Really sorry that your stay is not the best, but there are rules to respect.

Been to Cabinas El Pueblo Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!