My husband and I vacationed at Tango Mar for our honeymoon. We were pleasantly surprised with the beautiful grounds upon arrival (after the interesting flight and cab in from San Jose!). As others have suggested this is a true slice of paradise. The resort is on a private beach, is well maintained, and every room has an amazing view. The staff is top notch. (Shocked to read reviews about poor service.) Specifically Junior and Eduardo made our stay extra special but the entire staff works around the clock with a smile on their face every time you see them. The more leisurly life style did take some getting used to (it did sometimes take a while to get our check or a refill) but we'd remind ourselves that we're on vacation and we have no where else to be and nothing else to do! :)
The resort had 85 guests our first night there but we felt like we had the place to ourselves. Many nights we were the only people in the pool up at the Tropical suites which was incredible! The grounds are amazing too. We took a hike to the waterfall and one to the look out point where we saw a family of monkeys! Also recommend the snorkel and zip line trips!
There were a few things that prevented us from giving the resort 5 stars:
- Food: The first few nights we were ecstatic about the food (*Must try the seafood platter and ceasar salad*) however we stayed for 7 days and ate every meal at the resort, so by day 7 we were a little tired of the dinner selections. They would benefit from changing the menu every few days or even offering some of the lunch selections at dinner. (Sometimes you just want a burger!)
- Cleanliness: The rooms were cleaned each day however we did have a problem with ants in our bathroom and a terrible smell in the bathroom. We didn't complain about the ants (because we recognized that we were in the jungle and that goes with the territory) however I would have hoped that the cleaning lady would have noticed the very obvious issue and offered to do something.
-Location: No question this is a beautiful spot and there are tours available for day trips however people are not kidding when they say there is no nightlife. The bar closes around ten each night and there is nothing to do. I recommend buying wine in town if you take a day trip to bring back to your room.
The only other general comment I have is to book direct if you want a tiki suite. We booked through a travel site, hoping to upgrade from the Tropical Suite to the Tiki Suite. We sent an email right after booking but never received a reply. I did not persist because a lot of people commented that they were upgraded upon arrival, however the tiki suites were booked the week we were there and we were not able to upgrade. The tropical suites are very nice too however not recommended for anyone that does not dowell with stairs. It is 93 very steep steps up to the suites! (Great work out after drinking by the pool all day!)
All in all the trip was amazing and we would absolutley recommend Tango Mar and would love to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor