For anyone who goes to Costa Rica and expects 5 star luxury, don't go. We stayed at three hotels during our vacation (my wife and I) and the Tango Mar was the majority of our vacation.
We stayed at the Tango Mar for five nights and loved it. The beach is perfection, it is a golden sand and the ocean is warm. We ran on the beach every morning layed in the sun in the afternoon. It is private, peaceful and extremely clean.
The Tango Mar is a small hotel but offers a couple different options in which to stay. We stayed in the standard room instead of the Tiki Suites because it is closest to the beach and pool. Plus the standard rooms have a balcony overlooking the ocean. The room was clean and comftorable and the bathrooms were very nice (Walk in showers... good water pressure).
The grounds are beautiful, full of flowers and palm trees. There is no lack of tropical feel. The pool is small, don't expect to do any lap swimming but it was well kept.
The staff was fantastic. We knew everyone of them by name and they go out of their way to make sure you are comftorable. There are trips offered by the hotel that let you explore differnt parts of the area. We took a boat ride out to Tortuga Island to do some snorkeling and sea kayaking. It was nice but not spectacular. The hotel also offers horseback riding excursions, guided trips through Curu Wildlife Refuge but we were lazy and this was our part of the vacation to relax.
The food was what kept this review from being a five star rating. The breakfast was great, fresh fruit, omelletes, belgian waffles, pancackes etc.. The lunches are also very good, I like casadas... get to know what that is before going to Costa Rica. Dinners were generaly disapointing. They tried, but we are snobs when it comes to food and were not impressed.
If you are looking for peace and quiet in a tropical setting this is a sure thing. Oh and you will miss the coffee when you go home!
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.