Tango Mar Hotel was a great place for us to stay. It's all a matter of what you are looking for. We stayed there 3 nights. It was an adventure getting there, but worth it.
Breakfast was very good. I think the breakfast at the Doubletree Cariari by Hilton in San Jose was excellent, but it satisfied our hunger. Each morning you were delighted with different juices and the chef made whatever you desired. Dinner was fantastic-ask for the volcano drink :)! Each night we had something different. Our travel arrangements included breakfast each morning and dinner was on us. The prices were very reasonable and selection was great for any taste.
On my wife's birthday we had a private table overlooking the ocean absolutely spectacular (we didn't request anything special) they just made it happen-they even sang for her in English and Spanish!
We stayed in the Tropical suites (lot's of steps-we needed that with all the great food, but if you have trouble with steps ask for a lower villa). We had our semi private infinity pool that was so so nice, but the A/C went out they couldn't get it fixed so they upgraded us to the Tiki Suites which consists of individual circular type rooms with small above ground decks and car port for the rental, but it wasn't as private as the previous room . We dipped in the main pool and spent time by the ocean side. Had a long horseback ride and if you go to Tango Mar and get a massage ask for "Jesse" omg. I need a separate review just for her. I've had many in different places and she is the best!
Not many people speak English, but that's not a problem-we enjoyed that! We did a lot of walking and that was good-it was hot-well 7 degrees north of the equator it's always hot. We usually like to go out dancing and we missed the only night they had some dancing. it's very private and if your go there for a honeymoon you will get lots of private time.
Get ready for an adventure if you drive there, get some local currency for the tolls about 4 and go early to make sure you catch the ferry-omg that was great it was a party on the ferry and they had drinks and food for purchase.
And make sure you get a 4 wheel drive just to be on the safe side; More about our car rental and the ferry in another review.
Also the Garmin GPS we got with our Adobe rental car works well, but it only finds places not addresses. So make sure you get a phone. We had a phone and bought a SIM card in Walmart in San Jose before we left. Oh by the way Alcohol-Walmart in San Jose gave alcoholic samples-I love Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor