“PARADISE VACATION!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Quizales Beach | Nicoya Peninsula, Tambor 76773, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
4X3, 1 free night!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tambor
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“PARADISE VACATION!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We could not have chosen a better place for our first vacation together!!! We loved it so much, we did not want to come back home! We spent a long time searching for a good place, and we based our decision on all the wonderful reviews here, So thank you all who wrote a review on Tango Mar. And we are just returning the favor now. We have nothing but great things to say!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO VACATION HERE at least once in their life. We will definitely go there again. I really believe everyone needs to get away and escape to this wonderful paradise. We felt so refreshed after coming back home. This is totally a stress reliever and the perfect opportunity to rekindle your relationship with you spouse and spend quality time together. The excursions are absolutely stunning as well and very affordable too.
I compared excursion prices with my siblings who have traveled to other places, and Tango Mars excursions beat them all!! We went snorkeling, swam with whales, saw dolphins, monkeys, beautiful birds, went zip lining, jumped off water falls, horseback riding and saw beautiful sceneries. I'm telling you, YOU HAVE GOT TO GO HERE. Tango Mars will set up all the excursions and necessary travel for you. All you have to do is open a tab and choose what you want to do!!! They make your whole stay easy, warm, enjoyable, and unforgettable!!!
Some things to keep in mind -
1. Wear lots and lots of sun block; apply several time throughout the day. THe last thing you want to do is be sun burned while you're there.
2. Tango Mar will have shuttle available, so just call them in advance to have the shuttle pick you up from the airport- Also if you're staying at other hotels, call to check on that too, that way you won't have to spend unnecessary expenses to taxis.
3. It's easiest to open a tab and just charge everything to your name/room and pay all at once when you check out.
4. Bring a camera! and take lots and lots of photos!
5. You'll be sleeping near the ocean, so you'll be hearing the ocean waves, so if you're a very light sleeper, bring ear plugs.
6. Take advantage of everything that's available for you.
7. You're some what isolated from the city, so plan on enjoying your time on the resort or on excursions! There's bar areas, pool table, swimming pool and more for your leisure.
8. If you go during off-season, you'll feel like you have the resort to yourself.
9. Leave some extra tip for the servers!!! The owner and staff are all so wonderful and kind!!. We'll miss them the most!!! We were especially teary-eyed when we had to say goodbye to Eduardo!!
10. Go Zip lining and all the excursions you can possibly do. Don't forget to Bring swimming trunks when you go zip lining-
11. Understand the type of season you go, we went during the rainy season, so we got isolated showers on one or two days that lasted like an 30 minutes to an hour. It was actually nice rain, so we still enjoyed it!
12. LASTLY, HAVE A BLAST AND MAKE LOTS OF MEMORIES!!!!!!!
THANK YOU TANGO MAR FOR THE WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!!

Room Tip: ALL tips are above!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Monroe, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Gorgeous place, well-kept, love the pool table by the bar. The swimming pool is so well thought out with an area for kids and adults and a vista of the ocean. The beach is sooo nice, hammocks, little places to sit with the kids. We stayed in one of the villas - they upgraded us at no cost during the low season from a 2 room rental. It was so big, I lost a kid one day! The beach was right down the steps and across the path, there was a little soaking hot tub at the end of the porch, and again, the view was tremendous. I highly recommend getting up at the crack of dawn. I would give it 5 stars save 2 things - and perhaps nothing they can do about the first - the ants. The first night and day we had them in every room, walls, floors, it was almost gross. BIG ants. I got the feeling that since they upgraded us at checkin, the house was not ready, perhaps it had been closed up for a while. NOt a big problem, The room came with its own spray and I just went crazy with it and the problem was gone within 24 hours. The other thing was the deck - there was just a simple wrap around handle rail and the deck was not enclosed. I have a 2 year old who, well, acts like a 2 year old and we could not spend any time on that beautiful deck since I kept thinking he was going to run to the edge and plummet 15 feet into the gravel driveway. My 10 year old daughter, however, finished almost all her HW in the hammocks swaying in the breeze. Ahhhh. And the owner is gracious and sweet and will stump you by speaking just about any language you can come up with! Don't miss this place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Wow amazing paradise is what Tango Mar is! Everything from the place to the staff was perfect. We chose a tropical suite and when we got there, we were upgraded to a tiki suite, thank you thank you!! It was a lovely suite with spectacular views. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner was delicious. Beach was breathtakingly beautiful :) We felt like we had the whole island to ourselves. I can't say enough about the friendly staff here (Edcuardo, Roland, Rosa, Andres) and the owner is a wonderful and gracious woman. Always made herself available and came around to socialized with her guests to make sure everything was well, and even offered to take photos of us. Everyone was so friendly and helpful in every way possible. There's plenty to do, we went snorkeling, zip-lining, horseback riding, hiking, exploring, or you can just relax by the awesome pools with perfect water temp!! Spotted whales, dolphins, monkeys, birds, lizards, etc. They make everything so easy, just choose what you want to do, and the receptionist will arrange it for you. This is a great escape for anyone needing time to just get away. Will definitely come back to visit! I miss all the wonderful staff already! Pura Vida!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Tango Mar is a great place set in the Jungle of Costa Rica, Great restaurant and really nice staff. The rooms are exceptional and the view is to die for. The trip to get to the hotel is an adventure in its self but worth the reward.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vevey, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent 5 nights in Tango mar a real relaxing sea side resort, the management is competent, always present and worm hearted, First 2 nights we had an un-renovated villa witch didn’t correspond to our expectation, once this impression is delivered, immediate alternative had been proposed and we were very satisfied with all, service, food, nature, my son had a lot of fun playing with the waves.
One of our best stay during our round trip in Costa Rica

Room Tip: Robin Villa is idea for family
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Faversham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Lovely room shared with cockroach for 3 days. Good dining room, terrible lunchtime service, fantastic laundry service. Extremely friendly and gracious owner. I felt it was a shame she was let down some aspects of her hotel.
Not good for children as the sea can be very rough, although there is a swimming pool and a pool table, nothing else for children.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is beautifully situated right at a nice beach. You can also take a walk (ca 30 minutes) to a waterfall through jungle, cross the waterfall, and on the other side will be a beach with NO hotels, NO houses etc, totally secluded! You can also walk to a view point with great views. We stayed at the tropical suites, I would only recommend it for younger people, each time you go down to the beach, pool, restaurant, you need to walk down 90 steps. The breakfast was good, dinner OK, not a lot of options to chose from. One night I ate mussels and got food poisoning (since I had it before, I know what it was; my husband usually ate all the same food as I did, just that night he decided not to have the mussels). I was very sick for 24 hours. I talked to the owner, who is a nice lady. At first, it seemed as if she did not believe me, tried to justify everything (I might be pregnant, mussels were "fresh" vacuum sealed from New Zealand etc), but finally she understood (I was very nice about it and di not want to argue at all, after all we are on vacation!) They refunded that nights dinner (I only had soup that night after my illness) and the dinner the night before that made me sick which was nice. Staff was overall really nice, could be just a bit faster with service. But overall, we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!