“THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort

You added Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Quizales Beach | Nicoya Peninsula, Tambor 76773, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tambor
Vevey, Switzerland
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent 5 nights in Tango mar a real relaxing sea side resort, the management is competent, always present and worm hearted, First 2 nights we had an un-renovated villa witch didn’t correspond to our expectation, once this impression is delivered, immediate alternative had been proposed and we were very satisfied with all, service, food, nature, my son had a lot of fun playing with the waves.
One of our best stay during our round trip in Costa Rica

Room Tip: Robin Villa is idea for family
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Faversham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Lovely room shared with cockroach for 3 days. Good dining room, terrible lunchtime service, fantastic laundry service. Extremely friendly and gracious owner. I felt it was a shame she was let down some aspects of her hotel.
Not good for children as the sea can be very rough, although there is a swimming pool and a pool table, nothing else for children.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is beautifully situated right at a nice beach. You can also take a walk (ca 30 minutes) to a waterfall through jungle, cross the waterfall, and on the other side will be a beach with NO hotels, NO houses etc, totally secluded! You can also walk to a view point with great views. We stayed at the tropical suites, I would only recommend it for younger people, each time you go down to the beach, pool, restaurant, you need to walk down 90 steps. The breakfast was good, dinner OK, not a lot of options to chose from. One night I ate mussels and got food poisoning (since I had it before, I know what it was; my husband usually ate all the same food as I did, just that night he decided not to have the mussels). I was very sick for 24 hours. I talked to the owner, who is a nice lady. At first, it seemed as if she did not believe me, tried to justify everything (I might be pregnant, mussels were "fresh" vacuum sealed from New Zealand etc), but finally she understood (I was very nice about it and di not want to argue at all, after all we are on vacation!) They refunded that nights dinner (I only had soup that night after my illness) and the dinner the night before that made me sick which was nice. Staff was overall really nice, could be just a bit faster with service. But overall, we really enjoyed our stay!

Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Upon arrival it was extremely quiet, and a little daunting coming in on the long unpaved road. Once we arrived at the property everyone was more than happy to help us. The resort was pretty much empty, but the staff still made each person feel welcomed. We had a beachfront room and the view was worth it. The bathroom could use a little updating, but the crashing of the waves as you fell asleep really makes you feel as though you are in paradise. On our first morning we went hiking up to the waterfall and saw monkeys in the forest. During lunch as we laid at the pool Andres, the bartender, was more than willing to help with our every need. We fed iguanas at the pool and had some amazing drinks. On our last morning we saw whales jumping from our balcony. Overall the stay was very quiet, but every person on staff was very welcoming and helpful. The food at the resort was a little high, but there are local places you can go to. This was a truly relaxing and beautiful beach paradise.

Room Tip: The tropical suites are up lots of stairs, stay down on the beach with a beachfront room or tiki hut...
Wellington, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the second half of our 7 day Costa Rica trip and it is a very beautiful hotel. The owner is so very nice and definitely makes the experience personal. The only complaints I have are that we did not feel very welcome from the staff when we first arrived. We spent a good 15 minutes in distress while trying to check in because they completely overlooked our reservation when preparing for the day. We were supposed to have a taxi pick us up from the air port that morning and nobody was there so we spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out what to do (in a foreign country for the first time) and trying to communicate with the other taxi drivers. Once all of that was figured out, we were taken to our room in the Tropical Suites which seemed like nobody had paid attention to it in a long time (again because they did not prepare for our arrival that day) and then settled in to have some breakfast. The food is very pricey for the quality, they labeled regular hot dogs that you would expect from a family barbeque as Chorizo (spanish sausage) for breakfast and I just did not have a good "oh my gosh, this is great" meal while there. I would have loved to see some authentic Costa Rican dishes on the menu or some suggestions to restaurants in the area. We ended up finding a way to Montezuma (20 minutes away) with a very expensive taxi ride and eating some delicious food there. Overall I just felt like I paid way too much for the services and food we were given. Also, the wifi in the rooms is horrible. Aside from all of that, the resort is very beautiful, peaceful and secluded and I have absolutely no complaints about the owner, I just feel as though her staff needs a little bit of training with making guests feel welcome and personalizing a little more with them (but that may have just been my experience).

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is one of the most quiet and peaceful vacations I've ever had. We stayed in the Tiki huts which are about 50-60 ft. from the ocean, so the view was spectacular. The food here was excellent, but it's the staff that makes you feel so spoiled and special. They cater to your every need and always add a personal touch. I really can't say enough about this property! They have a 9 hole golf course and a stable for riding. They will book tours for you to do off property excursions for fishing etc.. There was only one child at the resort which I believe was because this is such a romantic, relaxing resort. Several older teen were there who were happy to just chill and sunbathe. We loved it and hope to return again! It was absolutely amazing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just returned from a week of pure joy at Tango Mar Resort 7/21/13-7/27/13. This resort is a pure gem in a unspoiled setting. We stayed in a Tiki Hut #704 and the panoramic views were amazing. We had the beautiful relaxing sound of the waves steps away as well as palm trees as a backdrop just feet away. It is a safe and romantic setting. About the rooms, the beachfront rooms are right on the beach with a balcony. TheTiki Huts are set back a little farther maybe 60 feet from the ocean and the tropical suites are on a hilltop with fantastic views but you had a alot of steps to get to the rooms. The service was over the top with staff attending to your every needs with a smile. The owner a beautiful woman was hands on and available at any time. She was at ever breakfast,lunch and dinner and mingled with all the guests.A special shout out to Edwardo. Gerardo and Andres, they were fantastic. The food was good and substitutions were no problem. The grounds were clean and beautiful. the pools were clean all the time. The ocean and surrounding area was amazing. A word of caution the water does at times get very rough so be careful. wildlife is everywhere monkey`s , bats crabs black and orange, iguanas lizards and so much more. The waterfall walk about 30 min. was cool as well as the short walk to the over look. This resort is perfect for couples and for families with younger children as teens may have a problem appreciating the calm quiet beauty.
Thank you all for a wonderful time and experience!! Also Thanks to a great couple Tori and Zeke good luck with married life. See you again soon Tango Mar - Kim and Joe

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!