Upon arrival it was extremely quiet, and a little daunting coming in on the long unpaved road. Once we arrived at the property everyone was more than happy to help us. The resort was pretty much empty, but the staff still made each person feel welcomed. We had a beachfront room and the view was worth it. The bathroom could use a little updating, but the crashing of the waves as you fell asleep really makes you feel as though you are in paradise. On our first morning we went hiking up to the waterfall and saw monkeys in the forest. During lunch as we laid at the pool Andres, the bartender, was more than willing to help with our every need. We fed iguanas at the pool and had some amazing drinks. On our last morning we saw whales jumping from our balcony. Overall the stay was very quiet, but every person on staff was very welcoming and helpful. The food at the resort was a little high, but there are local places you can go to. This was a truly relaxing and beautiful beach paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor