My wife and I stayed here in April 2013 for 4 nights. We had high expectations for this resort after leaving our wonderful resort near Arenal, but were a bit disappointed. When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted but it felt there was no life to this place. We were taken to our room, which was on par with that of a motel 8 room. There was a small TV and balcony, but the door was "locked" with a little wooden peg. The packages of coffee creamer were congealed and the minibar had only beer, water, nuts, and chips. We decided this was fine since we wouldn't be spending much time in the room, but then found out you aren't even allowed to flush toilet paper!
The pool was nice, however, the layout was a bit odd. It is an infinity pool but all the lawn chairs block your view from the pool. Also, the swim up bar is only staffed some of the time that its opened.
Dining - there is only one choice for dining each meal. We found our food to be mostly overcooked and significantly overpriced. Lunch wasn't bad, though it was $14 for a cheeseburger. I would recommend renting a car and dining at other places if you're going to be there more than a few nights. We went to Ylang Ylang resort for dinner one night, which was very good. Breakfast left me hungry most of the time. Their sausage is essentially hot dogs and they have odd things like onion rings for breakfast.
Grounds - the location is by far the most attractive thing for this place. The beaches are pristine and natural. The grounds are kept nicely, especially for the time of year we went which is the dry season and most things in this part of the country are brown anyway. There is a small waterfall you can hike to and an overlook on the cliff you can hike to. Each hike is maybe 10-15 casual minutes. They have a golf course but I didn't use it because everything was too brown and it was too hot out. Might be nice in wetter times of the year.
If you're looking for solitude, this is a great area. If you want really nice rooms and great food then you might want to check reviews of other resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor