We are two couples enjoying a holiday away from the unseasonal winter conditions in the UK and ready for some indulgence leaving 20 something aged offspring to manage their own lives for 2 weeks!
Tango Mar looks lovely on the pictures and website. Situated in a bay at the end of a dirt track it is an oasis of calm. Literally right on an empty sandy beach with the waves rolling in - almost exclusive to hotel guests, palm trees, hammocks, a lovely pool, friendly staff, owner Hilda who makes it her business to check up and chat to her guests......what's not to like?
The reception area is a huge open area with settees, art on the walls and a bookcase. It leads to a bar and into the dining areas - one for breakfast and evening meals mostly on the terrace. The barn like roof fascinates us because of its workmanship so look up.
Breakfast is the typical Costa Rica fayre. The evening meals are very tasty and well presented with a preference for rich creamy sauces. The bar by the pool has its own chef and cooking area where lunch is served. Food looks good again although we are so full from breakfast we haven't managed a lunch yet.
Accommodation: we are in two rooms that are part of the Royal Suite - basically a villa with 5 bedrooms including ours. Our rooms are separate and on the ground level. They have glass sliding glass doors with the beach literally 20 ft from our beds! There is a staircase between our rooms to access the rest of the villa with the patio above us. All very clean and comfortable. A few rogue ants but hardly any.
So .... so far so very good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor