We are two couples enjoying a holiday away from the unseasonal winter conditions in the UK and ready for some indulgence leaving 20 something aged offspring to manage their own lives for 2 weeks!
Tango Mar looks lovely on the pictures and website. Situated in a bay at the end of a dirt track it is an oasis of calm. Literally right on an empty sandy beach with the waves rolling in - almost exclusive to hotel guests, palm trees, hammocks, a lovely pool, friendly staff, owner Hilda who makes it her business to check up and chat to her guests......what's not to like?
The reception area is a huge open area with settees, art on the walls and a bookcase. It leads to a bar and into the dining areas - one for breakfast and evening meals mostly on the terrace. The barn like roof fascinates us because of its workmanship so look up.
Breakfast is the typical Costa Rica fayre. The evening meals are very tasty and well presented with a preference for rich creamy sauces. The bar by the pool has its own chef and cooking area where lunch is served. Food looks good again although we are so full from breakfast we haven't managed a lunch yet.
Accommodation: we are in two rooms that are part of the Royal Suite - basically a villa with 5 bedrooms including ours. Our rooms are separate and on the ground level. They have glass sliding glass doors with the beach literally 20 ft from our beds! There is a staircase between our rooms to access the rest of the villa with the patio above us. All very clean and comfortable. A few rogue ants but hardly any.
So .... so far so very good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick, Venere and Otel so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor