I traveled to Costa Rica with a friend, through a TravelZoo deal.
-The resort really is gorgeous. Several infinity pools overlooking the ocean, the main one with a swim-up bar. We had a "tropical suite" which was super nice, had french doors facing the ocean, four poster bed, etc.
-Grounds are pretty cool. While there are tons of hills (was a hike to get back up to our room from the restaurants), there are also many worthwhile features. The golf course looked crappy, but there is a hike to a waterfall, some jungle where we saw howler monkeys, and my favorite, the look out point. AMAZING views!!!
-Very, very nice staff. One of the bartenders (Junior) even offered to take us on the hike to the waterfalls on his morning off. The front desk was great too which excellent recommendations.
-The area is a little dead. This may not be a problem for many: the vast majority of the guests seemed to be couples just wanting to relax (and there were a few families). So this is perfect for that kind of trip as the resort is very secluded. I was traveling with a friend of mine, and we are in our mid 20s and very active. So we ended up doing a lot of driving to nearby towns as we have a hard time just sitting on the beach day after day (although it's fun now and then, especially with that pool!!). Montezuma is 30 minutes away, and Santa Teresa/Playa Carmen (which I highly recommend) are about 45.
- Ants. Everywhere. In our room and getting into our food.
- No restaurants close by, so we had to eat at the hotel a lot. Not many options, the food wasn't all that great, and it was quite overpriced. On the other hand, they do have great margheritas.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.