Rose and I got married in October last year , a late marriage as we are both 40 + !! Due to family commitments, we delayed our honeymoon until February, and chose Costa Rica. We travelled around and stayed in some good places and some not so good , but we decided to save Tango Mar until the end, so as to be the highlight of our trip, and we were not disappointed !!
The welcome was warm and felt genuine, We were shown to our villa which was absolutely perfect. It was clean, tidy and comfortable. It was kept that way by very discreet maid service during our stay. We did have lots of ants , but hey , they didn't bother us !! Once un packed and settled, we went for a look round. The thing that impressed me greatly was that even though the resort was busy, it never felt like it ! The beach is beautiful and never felt crowded. We were on that beach each day for sunrise, sunset and a couple of times in between to play in the surf.We also enjoyed our time in the main pool, which although not very big, again, never felt crowded. Cocktails were served in the pool bar by Junior, who seemed to take it upon himself as his personal mission to make sure we had the best possible stay, many thanks to you , Junior (-:
Lunch was in the poolside bar, and every day was just pefect, good food served by very caring staff. We enjoyed the resort so much that we did no trips or activities as we both have very demanding and stressful jobs at home in France , so we just enjoyed relaxing, and this was the place to do it !
Dinner in the main restaurant was also of a very good standard and very reasonably priced. I have to put in a critical point here, otherwise people will think I'm being paid to write !The wine was mediocre and overpriced ! But hey, we are from France !
We slept well after a few "digestif's", and then enjoyed a walk up the beach to take in the amazing sunrise , before breakfast. I really found myself looking forward to meals here, I did enjoy everything. I don't normally eat alot for breakfast, but loved the fresh fruit and the made to order omelettes were very good.
One tip from us would be to fly. We took the long trek , ferry and taxi to get there, but when we left, we flew from Tambor to San Jose, the flight was great, in a little Cesna and the price was very reasonable.
I think the location is excellent and the staff are the most dedicated team I have seen in this environment, and they are a credit to Tango Mar and themselves. I am sorry, I am not good at remembering names, so just a big thank you to you all.
I cannot imagine anyone not having a wonderful time here, we did!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HotelsClick, Venere and Otel so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor