My husband and I visited Tango Mar during Costa Rica's off-season, so it was almost deserted, and it was wonderful! We stayed in a Tropical Suite, which was probably one of the coolest rooms I've ever stayed in. It was wonderfully airy, with a four-poster king bed, jacuzzi, and walk-in shower all in the same open space -- very romantic! No one was staying in the other two suites connected to ours, so we basically had a private patio as well. We never used the pool that was only steps away from our room, but it seemed nice. Really, what's the point of a pool when you have the ocean right down the stairs?? The food was good, but nothing to write home about, and some of it was overpriced, but what can you expect when you go somewhere secluded like this? It was difficult enough to get to the resort that once we did we didn't have any intention of leaving until we checked out! Our service was always fantastic, and part of our package included a horse-back ride, which we initially weren't really intending to do but I am so glad we did! Our guide didn't speak much English, but it was nice to just follow along and enjoy the scenery. Horse-back riding on the beach, I mean, come on! We even saw a troop of monkeys hanging out in the trees during one part of the ride! I loved my stay here so much. Heavenly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor