Stayed here as part of a tour group. Hotel seems to have three areas of rooms. One set on the beach looked to be a pretty standard hotel block. Another set near but not right on the beach appeared to be larger more individual accommodations. A third set well above the beach is where we stayed. A group of small buildings, each of which looked like it had three rooms, arranged near a small pool. These were new and very stylish rooms, ours a king with a huge Jacuzzi tub. Some had great views of the water (as did the pool). Only issue was the walk to the main hotel level -- 91 steps on the staircase. The hotel will apparently drive you up and down in carts, but be aware of this trade-off. Unlike many places we stayed in CR, the room had A/C (which we appreciated), though the restaurant did not (but it was not an issue). Food was very good (thought not great). Service was very good, with the owner often around, visiting with guests -- very hands on. Larger pool near the beach was small, but fitting with the size of the facility, and nice. Beach was isolated and very pretty, but the water was very rough when we were there (not sure if it was just timing or the beach terrain). I thought it was fun, but frankly would not go there with my young grandkids for an extended stay because I would have to be very careful about when and how they used the beach. Older kids would probably be fine. Bottom line, seemed like a great place and were my wife and I to go back to the area, we would definitely return (but might try the rooms on the beach).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor