The hotel is an upmarket establishment situated on its own length of beach in the wilds of the Nicoya peninsular. The beach is about half a mile long and is truly spectacular in the early morning being palm fringed and usually virtually deserted. However one word of warning for sea lovers - it can be 'muy peligroso'. Waves can come in viciously, yet it is these very conditions that give the resort is character. Reception was good and we had chosen a standard room - highly recommended. This was both spacious and airy (with air conditioning) with a large balcony overlooking the ocean. Bathroom was equally spacious and came with quality toiletries. The room also benefited from a mini-bar and coffee making facilities. Food was good although somewhat pricey - a dinner for two with a base-line bottle of reasonable wine (2 courses) comes in at around USD 100. It should also be noted that when my wife required some changes to a dish (she does not eat dairy products) she was always accomodated. Lunch in the pool restaurant would be cheaper. The menu changed little from day to day but was wide enough to satisfy. Breakfast was good with the usual Costa Rican offerings plus an egg station. Pools were good with adequate sunbeds and beach towels are provided. There is a pool bar. WiFi is resort wide but at times can be patchy, but is free. The Belgian owner, Hilde, is a charming hostess who constantly enquires as to your comfort. A single mention to reception of a faulty shower brought immediate remediation. This is a rare establishment, being both of high quality as well as being well off the beaten track.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor