Love the owner, love the staff, LOVE the food they made for me (I'm a gluten-free vegetarian, and every night the chef made me new, exciting and really delicious meals. It was exquisite.), love the drinks, and hammocks and pools and beachfront location. This isn't the Four Seasons or The Ritz-- it's beautiful, classy, clean and well appointed, but it's also smaller, more intimate and a little rustic, so you should come expecting that. It's also in a very remote area-- don't plan on walking anywhere from the hotel. But the grounds are beautiful enough to entice you to stay there all day, and if you have some extra money to spend on outings, there are great ones. The snorkeling trip to Tortuga Island was MAGICAL. The beach. Oh my god. Crystal clear, warm, aquamarine water, white sand softer than you've ever felt, barely anyone there... I can't recommend it enough.
I don't recommend the private yoga-- overpriced and not challenging at all. But everything else was really wonderful. Great service, great people and those hammocks-- we must've spent hours lying under the palm trees, watching the waves and the sunsets. So beautiful and relaxing. We stayed in a Tiki Suite and while we did experience a few tiny bugs, the staff was great about helping us out and we recognize that when you're in a remote area surrounded by forest, that's gonna happen. Not a big deal. Don't come here if you're looking for nightlife or a bustling town to walk to. However, there are other places on the Peninsula for that, so you can easily stop here for some relaxation and then move on. You should definitely come here for rest, sunsets, hammocks, good food, a swim up pool bar with amazing drinks and a sweetheart bartender named Eduardo. You can also hike to a waterfall! Pretty awesome.
It's slightly overpriced. But it's a safe, clean beautiful beachfront hotel with good, accommodating people working there and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay before moving on to Santa Teresa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor