“Tango Mar - 3 Days in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Quizales Beach | Nicoya Peninsula, Tambor 76773, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
4X3, 1 free night!
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Tambor
Toronto, Canada
“Tango Mar - 3 Days in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Tango Mar Resort is paradise!!! My sister and I had a lovely room with a beautiful view of the ocean. The beach was spectacular - a fabulous setting with the most exquisite sunrises. The pool was lovely (perhaps not quite as big as it looks in the pictures) and I might add that the Pina Coladas by the pool were delicious!
Besides being in one of most amazing settings one could imagine, what made are trip even more special was the wonderful staff of Tango Mar. I would like to make special mention to Jessy at Reception who always greeted us with the warmest smile and was so helpful in planning our daily excursions. He basically planned our stay at Tango Mar and it was amazing - Thank you Jessy!!! Jessy's biggest tip was his suggestion to take the Super Tour where we went snorkeling in the morning and hiked through the Curu Wildlife Refuge in the afternoon. This is a "must" for those visiting the area. Juan and his brother Chema were are guides on the snorkeling part of this adventure and then Chema took us by boat to Curu where we spent about 1 1/2 hours walking through the Reserve. Chema was the best guide we have had on any of our adventures in Costa Rica - he was amazing! Chema was so knowledgeable about nature and the Park and we were so fortunate to see Howler Monkeys, White Faced Monkeys and a Scarlet Macaw.
Our second excursion at Tango Mar and a personal highlight for me, was an incredible ride with Michael to Montezuma through the jungle trails and on the Beach. This was my Dream come True!!! I have always wanted to ride on the beach and I will have this memory forever.
In short, we loved our stay here and I really hope we will be able to come back again next year!
Thank you Everyone!!!
Yvonne (Toronto, Canada)

463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We spent 3 wonderful days at Tango Mar. A beautiful setting and an excellent hotel; good food and fabulous pina coladas. However, what made our trip so enjoyable was the excellent staff. All the people we met were extremely friendly and helpful. Many thanks to Jessy, Xavier, Jesus, Junior, Cornelio and Alexander to name only a few. We took a wonderful riding tour with Michael to Montezuma, along beautiful beaches and jungle trails. The highlight of our trip was the Super Tour (snorkelling at Tortuga Island, Curu Wildlife Refuge and the Pochote Mangrove) with Chema and Juan. Special thanks to Juan for showing me how to feed oysters to the fish and to Chema, an excellent and very knowledgeable guide who made the hike through Curu Nature Reserve a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms have an incredible view. Turn A/C off while on balcony.
Tallinn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We where in costa rica 10 days and stayed in this hotel for only 3 days. But those where the best days! Rooms, food and the beach - just the best. Stuff was very helpful, special thanks to Eduardo, who made the best cesar salad for me and my friend. And in this hotel i had the best caipirinha - just super! Greetings from Estonia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have traveled around the world and can say that the staff at Tango Mar is absolutly one of best I've encountered.
Eduado greeted us with welcoming punch and gave me invaluable infomation on cCosta Rica. Jessy is a wonderful and knoledgeable nature man pointing many soecies of birds and orchids he had photografted.
This was my second trip to CCR and plan on going back very soon. My advice is stay in the treehouse units spectacular.
Also it was my birthday and was best I've had in my 62 years
Steve.

Room Tip: tree house
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was a fabulous property. Loved the rooms - stayed up on the hill in a newly refurbed suite room with spa (but didn't use it). Fantastic food. The service and attention to detail was the best we had on our 3 weeks travelling. Great pools, awesome drinks. If I didn't live so far away I would be back and for longer! Thanks

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eureka Springs Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We happened on this wonderful resort by chance and are so glad that we did. The setting right on the ocean couldn't have been more perfect. But more importantly the property is spectacular in the employees attention to detail and cleanliness. All of the employees are extremely friendly and very helpful. The food was 5* gourmet.
I want to especially say that Dorial was just wonderful to us and our little boy that has a disability.
We couldn't have asked for more. We will be back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a wonderful place in the world. Tango Mar is a lovely beach front resort located along a beautiful beach with great views, awesome swimming and beach, and great food and service. We enjoyed our stay here very much, from super friendly staff to the quaint and quiet atmosphere. The resort is very secluded and never felt even slightly crowded. There was always plenty of space at the pool, in the restaurants, etc. The food was great, with a menu that offered great vegetarian options which was a plus for myself. The is the kind of place great for honey-mooners, couples, or families. I would definitely go back here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!