My new bride and I decided to stay at Tango Mar for our first part of our honeymoon in Costa Rica. We wanted a more remote and quiet location on the beach that wasn't in a busy bustling town. This is exactly what we found at Tango Mar.
The large property is on a gorgeous beach (one of the prettiest we saw in Costa Rica) and is about 5 minutes away from the small nearby town of Tambor. Every part of this hotel is beautiful from the facilities to the beach itself. There are multiple swimming pools and a swim-up bar at the main pool that literally overlooks the ocean. The staff are all very friendly, professional, speak good English, and are always willing to answer your questions or arrange services. My wife and I had massages in their spa, which were amazing. The restaurant, which is essentially the only place you can eat without driving into town is very nice, offering local Costa Rican dishes as well as more American/European dishes to cater to all tastes. All the food tasted fresh and the service was excellent. Breakfast is included in the stay but not lunch or dinner.
Of the three types of rooms the hotel offers, we stayed in their Tropical Suites, which are located up some stairs from the main facilities but still offer views of the ocean. The rooms and porch areas are really big so you never feel cramped! Large comfy bed, private bath/whirlpool, separate shower and toilet, mini fridge with stocked beverages, and A/C. There was a smaller pool directly outside our room where you can lay out and see and/or hear the local iguanas, butterflies, birds, and monkeys.
We decided to rent a 4x4 and drive from San Jose, since we wanted to have some mobility options since the hotel is not located in a town. We were glad we decided on this as we did make a few trips into Tambor for food and drinks and we also spent a day driving to nearby Montezuma. If you want to get there but other means, you will have to take a bus or plane to Tambor, then arrange a taxi to the hotel. If you are staying for a relatively short time or just want to stay at the hotel and beach, this is a fine option. However, are staying for a longer time and you want to explore any other areas of this part of the country, get your own vehicle (4x4 recommended) as there are some beautiful places to see!
Overall, Tango Mar was the perfect first stop in Costa Rica for our honeymoon! We hope we can come back someday perhaps for an anniversary! Highly recommended for couples, friends, or families (but keep those kids quiet!) who want a beautiful resort in a remote beach location in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor