Beautiful, cozy, remote resort. Tucked way back in off dirt roads. It's not very big, but you can be alone or socialize with other quests. Only a few young kids were there for the holidays. Mostly couples and and small. adult groups. Different types of very nice rooms all with a view. Beach is nice but brown sand if looking for those pure white beaches. Surf is really too rough except for experienced swimmers. Several pools are all great and have wonderful views of the gulf. This is a kick back and relax place. Fun drinks, good food for any diet, and a great staff. All have very good English, but it's nice to use a few native greetings and salutations to show your appreciation. Andres, Junior, Eduardo, Javier et al are all fantastic. They will make your stay all the more enjoyable. They live on site during the season and are around to serve you all day, and even help you find the waterfall off property. The massage service was terrific. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but that was my best meal of the day. Melons, pineapple, breads, pastries, meats, fried plantains, eggs anyway plus omelettes and waffles, juices and good coffee. It's in the main dining area which is open to the ocean. Lunches are just OK and dinners are very nice, but I wouldn't consider them gourmet. There's an executive golf course of property (par 3's & 4's) with chance to see some wildlife. Zip Lining or a trip to Montezuma for shopping are both about 30 minutes away. Otherwise there's nothing else close by. No other restaurents or night life. Good place for a destination (small) wedding or surprise engagement or to just get rid of work day stress. By 10 pm be prepared to go for a walk on the beach of read a good book. Our adult daughters were a little bored in the late eveings. We met people who have been there several times and come to relax and go coastal or deep sea fishing. A big plus would be some sort of evening entertainment and to enjoy a few late night cocktails. Suggest you stop at a small grocery on the way in for some snacks and drinks to keep in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa and Golf Resort is the perfect place for a wedding, honeymoon, quiet relaxation, or if you prefer, adventure tours. Families are welcome. Tours are offered to National Parks, horseback riding on the beach, Tortuga Island snorkeling tours, canopy rides - everything to make your vacation in a tropical paradise a memorable event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor