My husband and I came here for the end of our honeymoon for rest and sun and we were definitely NOT disappointed. The grounds, the rooms and the staff are wonderful! We were greeted by welcome cocktails and the owner, Hilda, a wonderful Belgian woman. You see her often and she checks occasionally that you are satisfied with your stay. I cannot say enough about the staff. They always have a smile on their faces, they clearly have a great relationship with the owner and are really attentive to the guests. Although you aren't near any other restaurants than the one in the hotel (unless you have a car), you will not be disappointed. The food is stunning (particularly the seafood) and prices aren't bad. The beach is private to the hotel and a couple of private homes so its wonderfully private. The water is warm and the waves are big. We stayed in the Tiki house which was such a treat. It was really clean, huge and gave us a great feeling of privacy, even though its right by the main building. The regular rooms are in a building right on the beach and next to the pool which isn't a bad option either. The grounds of the hotel are huge which include tennis courts, stables, golfing, a lookout point and even a waterfall. It is all well taken care of and stunning. The hotel is a short 25min flight to Tambor and then the hotel will pick you up for $10 and is about 15/20min away from the Tambor 'airport'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Splendia and Priceline so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor