My wife and I just returned from our Costa Rica Honeymoon, having spent 5 days at the beautiful Tango Mar resort. The hotel staff promised to treat us like "a king and queen"...and they did.
It was supposedly the beginning of the rainy season, but outside of a few hours in the afternoon and evening, we had beautiful weather, which allowed us to enjoy several excursions (snorkeling, horseback riding along the beach) as well as the pool and private beach. Also, because it was the rainy season, we mostly had the hotel and the amenities to ourselves. This was nice.
The tiki hut room we had was absolutely GORGEOUS; ocean views from almost every part of the hut, including the shower! Bed could have been softer but was still fine. We did share our tiki hut with a little gecko friend, who woke us up several times with his clicking noises...BUT it was all part of the charm. This is not your average mega-resort, America-transplant. It's a unique, peaceful get-away, which actually has a distinctly Costa-Rican flavor. The food was EXCELLENT. Every morning we woke up to fruit plates and Costa Rican breakfasts on the restaurant veranda overlooking the gorgeous Pacific Ocean. And the service was incredible. Every staff member learned our names within a few hours, and the owner Hilde took the time to come greet us every evening at dinner. The personal touches really made Tango Mar stand out.
We highly recommend this hotel and hope we can make a return trip sooner rather than later. Thanks Tango Mar for making our honeymoon so memorable!
-Eric and Kathleen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia and Travelocity so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor