“"Our Appreciation"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Costa Coral

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tambor
Hotel Costa Coral
Center of Playa Tambor, opposite from the Monterra Developers building, Tambor 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Tambor
Fillmore, Utah
“"Our Appreciation"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Costa Coral and we wanted to express our appreciation to you and your staff for a most wonderful time we had in Tambor. Marcos, Carlos & Leo were the best! We felt like “royalty” staying at your hotel. I know we “surprised” you with our visit and we sure appreciate you taking us in to be your guest. It was so much fun to pretty much have the entire place to ourselves. We will be talking about this trip for a long time. Please pass our thanks to your staff. Again, thanks for your hospitality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just got back from Tambor, Costa Rica. We were in the area looking at real estate. Lots of breath taking views, beaches and wildlife. We saw lots of monkeys, birds, fish, dolphins and even whales! The area is close to lots of beaches, small towns and future developments for sale. Very convenient to Tambor Airport, Ferries and main roads to anywhere in Paradise!
Costa Coral is a beautiful hotel with nice pool and patio area. The rooms are spacious and very quiet. The staff is wonderful and helpful for any services! Looking forward to going again for a longtime!

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor are convenient, no noise from rooms above.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had the opportunity to spend some time at this hotel with my boyfriend who was doing business in Costa Rica. We spent a week at Costa Coral and really enjoyed our time there. Food was great. Staff was awesome. It was really hot that week, however they did everything to make sure we feel as comfortable as it gets.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Concepcion de Tres Rios, Cartago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I wanted a break from our resort stay so we decided to head to Tambor to eat dinner. We stopped at Costa Coral. GREAT FOOD!!!!! The server brought great fresh bread and garlic butter!! I started out with patacones prepared like nachos. Great! Has fish and shrimp ceviche with homemade chips. My wife has a humongous chicken brochette. Verty pleased. Will recommend to all!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed there this winter... the staff was great... helpful and pleasent. I'd go back in a heartbeat...
Menu was good in the restaurant... morning coffee on the deck. No big beach access but the pool was handy and great.
Well done you guys : )

Room Tip: Our room was kind of tucked away in a corner... would have been nice to have a bit more room and a v...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend some time at this hotel while traveling with some friends who were on a business venture. I loved this place! The hotel is a quaint oasis that has more of a more intimate feel being that there are only like 10 rooms to the whole place. It's located in a very peaceful location of Tambor with a 5 minute walk to the beach. There are a few "sodas" in the area where you can eat some awesome homemade Costa Rican food but i'd be happy just eating at the Costa Coral. I pride myself on knowing great food and the Costa Coral has some top notch chefs. Every meal we had was fantastic.

The hotel has all the amenities. The internet reception was not fantastic in the rooms but was very easy to access in the bar area near the pool where I Skyped almost every night. Then again, who needs to sit on their computer when you're in a place like this with so much to see and do? The rooms were clean, well equipped, nicely air conditioned and the beds were very comfortable. I loved hearing the monkeys in the trees at night while I was sleeping. It was the rain forest at its very best.

Overall, I look forward to visiting this place again soon. It is comfortable, relaxing and just a short distance from some of the most beautiful places you have ever seen. The staff was helpful, attentative, and very friendly. I look forward to seeing my friends again at this comfy slice of paradise.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The experience was excellent; overall Costa Coral met my expectations of great service, cleaniness, and great food. My overall stay was very relaxing as what I expect it to be. The beds were very comfy and the rooms where clean and tighty. I ate almost everyday at the restaurant and I have to say the food was beyhond excellent! Many thanks to the chef went out on every meal. If you are looking to stay in a cozy, intimate hotel w/nice amenities and excellent service and great food...Costa Coral is the place to stay! I am planning my next trip soon and I will be booking my stay there.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Hotel Costa Coral? Share your experiences!