“Great week piece and quite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Costa Coral

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tambor
Hotel Costa Coral
Save Saved
You added Hotel Costa Coral to your Saves list
Center of Playa Tambor, opposite from the Monterra Developers building, Tambor 5361, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Tambor
Toronto, Canada
“Great week piece and quite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had the opportunity to spend some time at this hotel with my boyfriend who was doing business in Costa Rica. We spent a week at Costa Coral and really enjoyed our time there. Food was great. Staff was awesome. It was really hot that week, however they did everything to make sure we feel as comfortable as it gets.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I wanted a break from our resort stay so we decided to head to Tambor to eat dinner. We stopped at Costa Coral. GREAT FOOD!!!!! The server brought great fresh bread and garlic butter!! I started out with patacones prepared like nachos. Great! Has fish and shrimp ceviche with homemade chips. My wife has a humongous chicken brochette. Verty pleased. Will recommend to all!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed there this winter... the staff was great... helpful and pleasent. I'd go back in a heartbeat...
Menu was good in the restaurant... morning coffee on the deck. No big beach access but the pool was handy and great.
Well done you guys : )

Room Tip: Our room was kind of tucked away in a corner... would have been nice to have a bit more room and a v...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend some time at this hotel while traveling with some friends who were on a business venture. I loved this place! The hotel is a quaint oasis that has more of a more intimate feel being that there are only like 10 rooms to the whole place. It's located in a very peaceful location of Tambor with a 5 minute walk to the beach. There are a few "sodas" in the area where you can eat some awesome homemade Costa Rican food but i'd be happy just eating at the Costa Coral. I pride myself on knowing great food and the Costa Coral has some top notch chefs. Every meal we had was fantastic.

The hotel has all the amenities. The internet reception was not fantastic in the rooms but was very easy to access in the bar area near the pool where I Skyped almost every night. Then again, who needs to sit on their computer when you're in a place like this with so much to see and do? The rooms were clean, well equipped, nicely air conditioned and the beds were very comfortable. I loved hearing the monkeys in the trees at night while I was sleeping. It was the rain forest at its very best.

Overall, I look forward to visiting this place again soon. It is comfortable, relaxing and just a short distance from some of the most beautiful places you have ever seen. The staff was helpful, attentative, and very friendly. I look forward to seeing my friends again at this comfy slice of paradise.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The experience was excellent; overall Costa Coral met my expectations of great service, cleaniness, and great food. My overall stay was very relaxing as what I expect it to be. The beds were very comfy and the rooms where clean and tighty. I ate almost everyday at the restaurant and I have to say the food was beyhond excellent! Many thanks to the chef went out on every meal. If you are looking to stay in a cozy, intimate hotel w/nice amenities and excellent service and great food...Costa Coral is the place to stay! I am planning my next trip soon and I will be booking my stay there.

• Stayed March 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I went to Tambor to view property we were considering purchasing and we stayed at the Costa Coral. We took two friends with us and I can honestly say that it was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on. I know I speak for all four of us when I say that we completely enjoyed our experience at this quiet, quaint, boutique hotel.

The pool is perfect and the outdoor bar by the pool provided a great place for us to hang out at night and enjoy each other’s company and talk with other guests, or connect to Wi-Fi and Skype someone back home... just to make’em jealous. But the highlight is the bar and restaurant. The food is absolutely amazing. Best banana bread I’ve ever had served fresh every morning with a warm cup of Costa Rica coffee and the most amazing mangos and fresh fruit! Dinners were fantastic as well and all is reasonably priced. Not only is the food some of the best we found in the area, but the atmosphere is fantastic as well. Open air doors surround this beautifully designed little restaurant with lots of natural wood and mood lighting. Loved it!

Speaking of food, there’s a “Soda” within walking distance and right next to the beach. Sodas – homes that the locals open up to the public and serve home-style Costa Rican food -- are found throughout Costa Rica. This one had amazing Pork Chops, Rice, Aros Compoyo and Plantains. Sodas are a great way to dine in Costa Rica. Great local food at cheap prices. This one is especially good!

Monterra treated us like royalty and the hotel staff assisted us with information, tour bookings and most anything we needed. Tortuga Island was a very fun day with, once again, amazing food. The hotel arranged for a private boat to take us there. The guys running the boat had caught fresh fish that morning. Once we arrived at the island they cooked us the most delicious lunch that included the fresh caught fish while we played on the beach and went horseback riding. Perhaps the highlight was the “Coco Loco.” Our tour guides cracked open a fresh coconut and mixed rum and who knows what else with the coconut milk and ice and served it to us out of the shell. My friend Tony and I highly recommend this drink!

Tambor is a destination to put on your travel list for sure. I recommend a rental car because you will want to drive to the restaurants, shopping, beaches, casinos, surfing villages and other sights nearby.

The Costa Coral is not your typical 5-Star resort with every amenity under the sun. But if you’re looking for a quaint, quiet place to stay with great food, a relaxing pool and plenty to do and see nearby, then the Costa Coral is your place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

When we stayed at Costa Coral the overall experience was warm and friendly,everyone was helpfull,the rooms were nice and the restaurant was great.Mostly I enjoyed the family atmosphere which is not presant at most places I've stayed at in the past.The Tambor region is fantastic,having that feel of not being over developed, keeping the real Costa Rica feeling alive and well.Oh and the cost wes very reasonable as well!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Costa Coral? Share your experiences!