My son had been here before and enjoyed it. When he called this time to make reservations he stressed that he needed handicap accessible. He walks with a walker. He was assured that it was. It was not!! Instead he had to spend 7 days in a wheel chair because of the dangerous, slippery tiles. No one spoke English, not even the staff or management. We were the only English speaking people in the whole resort. The tile around the pool and in the restaurants was extremely slippery. We saw quite a few people fall including ourselves. The food was for the most part very greasy. The help tried to be helpful but was unable to communicate with us. My daughter in law couldn't even get cold milk for the baby because of the lack of communication. There were no shows at nite. Their idea of a show was a half hour of games for children and they only spoke Spanish. The beach was advertised as white sand. It was muddy and dirty. We ended up leaving 2 days early and going to San Jose. I've travelled quite a bit and I've never been so unhappy with a place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Barcelo Tambor Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Hotel Tambor
- Barcelo Hotel Tambor Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puntarenas
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Tambor
- Barcelo Tambor Costa Rica
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Costa Rica