We stayed for a week in March 2013.
A few if the highlights follow.
Beach; black sand, just enough surf to have some fun, miles long.
Rooms; basic, clean, quiet, spacious.
Grounds and surroundings; well maintained and variety of plants and animals to see, monkeys, lizards and parrots make regular visits.
Pools; well maintained and nice and warm
Food and restaurants; lots of variety, open long hours, great fruit selection.
Tours; good variety, well run, not too expensive.
Weather: sunny and hot the whole time.
We had a room with a view of the river and grasslands (965). We could see amazing tropical birds fishing and horses grazing from our room.
The entertainment staff did their best to keep everyone busy in the afternoons.
A great family or couples vacation.
Not the place to go if you are looking for nightlife.
Getting there is arduous unless you fly directly to the hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Barcelo, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Tambor Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Hotel Tambor
- Barcelo Hotel Tambor Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puntarenas
- Hotel Barcelo Playa Tambor
- Barcelo Tambor Costa Rica
- Barcelo Tambor Beach Costa Rica