“Best in Nicoya Peninsula” 5 of 5 stars

Expedia.com Booking.com
Vista Hermosa Bed and Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Lot 14, Villas del Mar, Tambor, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Tambor B&B and Inns
“Best in Nicoya Peninsula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Oh my word! Where do I begin? Sorry Judy it took me so long to write a review. That in NO way reflects my experience. Having never traveled to Costa Rica before and wanting a local experience, I stumbled upon this place on a B&B website and boy am I ever glad I did!!! It was a trip of just my husband and myself and we stayed for 5 days. Getting into Costa Rica and where we needed to be was quite the adventure. If you are an anal person who likes control, you would not be happy. If you understand that with travel comes adventure and open-mindedness is a necessity, then this will be an awesome place for you to visit!
I would suggest contacting Judy via e-mail to get the "scoop" on what to bring/not bring and her tips on getting in and out of the country and traveling to her B&B. She was amazing and most helpful, even called me to make sure I understood everything! Javier is amazing also. My husband and I never really had to leave. Javier cooked for us whatever we wanted, when we wanted it and the food was AMAZING!!! The B&B itself is very nice, clean, and comfortable. The pictures are spot on!!! Javier booked and took us on the adventures we wanted and it was great basically having a personal, local guide for everything. And the prices are amazingly reasonable for the quality you receive. There was one other couple there when we were as you kin of start to feel like a family with everyone there. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing (or adventurous ;) vacation to Costa Rica! The Nicoya Peninsula is amazing!

• Stayed January 2013

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My family and I vacationed in Tambor, Costa Rica the end of February and we had an incredible time. We owe so much to Judy and Javier for their hospitality and their assistance with our plans. From the moment we came in (Judy was right, it would be late) to the moment we left, they were great! They felt like old "amigos". Even when they were probably tired from working all day, they took the time to sit and talk with us and serve great drinks. We had the best Bloody Mary's, margarita's and Tequila shots; thanks Javier! :) Judy, we enjoyed your therapy session too! :) :) The food was awesome. My son said Javier's burger was the best he ever had! We also appreciate all that Pedro and Sonja did to make our stay comfortable and the rooms and grounds look great. Judy's and Javier's recommendations for what we should do while we were there worked out very well for us and we even were lucky enough to see a whale on our boat trip to Tortuga Island. Zip lining was a blast and it was fun to see the guys who worked there enjoy their jobs as much as they did; I want a job like that!
We are dreaming about being back there and hope to be able to make that dream come true before too long.

Thanks Judy & Javier!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked a stay here during the off season in July of 2012. We were upgraded to the villa next to the pool and had the single most best hotel experience ever! I actually had an engagement ring in my pocket and decided it was the perfect setting to propose. Javier was our host and was very accommodating. We came very late in the night due to the remoteness of the area but he stayed and provided drinks and dinner. The upgrade as due to the low season in costa rica and we were the only two people staying. The room was beautiful and the scenery was beautiful. Take a walk around the neighborhood and you will see very nice beaches. The privacy and remoteness is there if that is what you are looking for. No complaints. We will probably go to Costa Rica again just to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Polson, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We spent the last few nights of a great holiday in Costa Rica at Judy's B & B. It was a beautiful resort experience, with a great room, lovely pool and extraordinary dining. I felt totally pampered when our host Javier brought tropical drinks to the pool for our enjoyment! Judy, Javier, and the entire staff are kind, thoughtful, and really know how to take care of their guests... From borrowing a floppy hat for the beach, to free access to the vacation library. You will not be disappointed if you choose this slice of paradise for your CR stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Libertyville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I can't say enough about our trip and the wonderful time we had thanks to Judy and Javier. We stayed at Casa Colleen, the two bedroom house next to the B & B, and I had the best vacation experience. I really felt as though I had a personal guide through the culture, nature, and beauty that is Costa Rica. This was my first international trip in many years and I felt right at home. I have been telling everyone I know about this little piece of paradise. Thank you Judy and Javier! I look forward to seeing you again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex Center, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you're on the search for a vacation that is both relaxing and exciting Vista Hermosa is the place to be! Judy and Javier are the perfect hosts and you instantly feel like you are visiting your closest friends. Vista Hermosa offers complete packages that include clean and spacious rooms, AMAZING meals, and exciting tours. Once we arrived we never had to open our wallets. Judy had arranged for it all; from zipline, atv and kayak tours to private in-room massages. Our week there went by too fast and now we are counting down the days til we return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at Vista Hermosa for two nights and had the most amazing experience. Judy and Javier are true gems. Between the room, the food, and the company, you cannot ask for a better choice. Judy and Javier will arrange tours for you and are a wealth of information about the local area. It was difficult to leave this slice of paradise, and we hope to return on our next visit to Costa Rica. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Vista Hermosa Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!