“Vista Hermosa is Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Rates are at 50% Discount
Ranked #1 of 3 Tambor B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Vista Hermosa is Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hello fellow travellers;
If you are travelling in Costa Rica and wish to experience the real Costa Rica please make your reservation at Vista Hermosa. Judy and Javier will help you with all your travel needs from tour information, car rental, local activities and abundant information on where to travel, where to eat, how to get around and anything else you need.
I experienced amazing hospitality for 10 days at Vista Hermosa with very comfortable amenities, wonderful food and exceptional tours with knowledgable and friendly local guides. I have already booked my next trip to this wonderful Boutique B & B.
This is one place you should not miss!!!

Room Tip: Be prepared to live your days outside, the weather is amazing. Your room is there for sleeping and i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at several boutique hotels during our 3 weeks in Costa Rica, and Vista Hermosa became our favourite. Beside excellent room, design and comfy beds and high-quality towels etc the place is a gem in this rural area. But most important- Judy and Javier made us really feel at ease and at home in their company!
After a great breakfast me and my 14yearold left for a day of adventure, and when coming back we were welcomed with drinks, dinner, great company and any help we needed!
We loved the pool, Judy's garden and just hanging around there, and on leaving we really wanted to bring Judy and Javier (and the place) with us! Judy provided us with great advices for the rest of our trip, and Javier put great effort into helping us to go snorkeling.
We arrived and were treated as special guests and left as great friends. Not very many people or places manage to provide you with this comfort!
We will come back!

• Stayed January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Having just finished a G Adventures 16 day trip from one coast of Costa Rica to the other, we were ready for a little luxury and Judy and Javier made sure that's what we experienced. The B+B is beautifully decorated, spotless, welcoming and becomes 'home' minutes after your arrival. Judy and Javier are completely focused on your enjoyment, ready to organize anything you want, funny, charming - wonderful hosts. If you want quiet, that's what you get. If you want conversation, travel tips, suggestions, those are at the ready as well. We'll definitely be back and recommend their B+B without reservation. Enjoy!
Jeannie + Heather, Vancouver, BC, Canada

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our family vacation to Costa Rica was amazing and Judy and Javier were a big part of making our experience so great. From the moment we arrived to Tambor to the minute we left they welcomed us with open arms and made sure the we enjoyed ourselves. Everything was taken care of for us, all we had to do is relax and have a good time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Casa Caresa - a beautiful villa with a million dollar view was our vacation spot for 2 weeks during our stay on the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Javier, from Vista Hermosa, met us once we got off the ferry and guided us to the villa along a fairly rugged single lane dirt road. Thankfully, our cars had 4-wheel drive, but be prepared for some white-knuckle driving for the 4 km drive from the main road.
The villa sleeps 8, so our party of 7 was well accommodated. The 4 bedrooms were sizeable and each bedroom had its own private bathroom with shower. The 2 upper bedrooms each had a double bed as well as a private balcony; the bedrooms on the main level had 1 king in the master bedroom and 2 twins in the 2nd. All the bedrooms had A/C, but unfortunately 3 of the units didn't work during our stay. Thankfully we were able to make good use of the ceiling fans. The house had been well cleaned for our arrival and sufficient towels for bathrooms and pool were available in the linen closet.
The kitchen was very well equipped with small appliances, dishes and space for food prep so we chose to prepare most of our own meals at the villa. (We shopped in Tambor at a small grocery store that carried all essentials or drove a little further to Cobano to shop at larger grocery stores - about 10 km, but budget 25 min to drive the distance to Cobano.) Added bonus was the dishwasher and washer/dryer - which made clean-up so much easier during our holiday. In addition to the kitchen appliances, there was also a gas bbq in a separate gazebo overlooking the breathtaking countryside. Although there was a large dining room, we chose to eat all our meals on the beautiful outdoor patio overlooking the Pacific Ocean. That's where we spent a lot of our days, especially when we wanted to be out of the sun. The patio also had large ceiling fans and was well lit for night time activities. The satellite TV in the living room was barely used by us, as there were so many other things to do. In the living room we found a good collection of games to play as well as a selection of books to help us identify the abundant fauna and flora. (We had visits from capuchin monkeys and a coati and could hear howler monkeys somewhere deep in the jungle.) Unexpectedly, we found that there was no internet connection available at the villa even though the description had listed it, so we could not use our laptop unless we drove into Tambor.
Vista Hermosa B&B - Judy Bonnell was a very gracious host when we visited Vista Hermosa on four separate occasions for drinks and 2 dinners. The B&B is in a small community but as soon as you enter through it gates, you feel as if you are in a secluded paradise. The bar area seats at least 10 people and the servers are very attentive. If you're lucky, they will even prepare a special drink in your honour. Dinners were well prepared and the menu was quite varied to suit all tastes. Service was top notch. In addition to helping us find accommodations at Casa Caresa, Judy and her partner Javier helped to book adventure activities for our family - ziplining in the treetops as well as ATVing for 3 hours with a private guide along the beach and through the countryside. Javier was also very helpful during our first food shopping expedition upon our arrival in Tambor and helped to explain the labels, as we were not Spanish speaking tourists.
There was a good selection of beaches nearby to visit, but the one in the colorful town of Montezuma seemed to draw us most often - good restaurants, interesting little stores, availability of water taxis to the mainland if needed, and availability of booking additional activities like horse riding on the beach or surfing lessons. And the waterfall and butterfly garden were just outside of town. But wherever you drive, be prepared to stop and ask for directions, as Costa Rica is not known for good signage - LOL.
Our vacation in Costa Rica was enhanced by all the assistance we received from Judy Bonnell, even prior to our arrival in the country. She was most attentive to all our needs (even calling in someone from the mainland to try to fix the A/C's) and gave us much appreciated advice on making the best of our stay. Our visits to her B&B were always a hit with our large group!
Our families really enjoyed our stay at the Villa Casa Caresa & very much appreciated the outstanding service that we received from Vista Hermosa B&B as well as the personal touch & extra mile that both Judy & Havier extended to all of us during our stay.
They were both truly special & made our family vacation an exceptional experience……..thank you again Judy & Havier for everything !

Urbonas & Rusinas Families
December 2012

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had the great fortune of staying at Villas Vista Hermosa B&B just before Christmas. I was travelling alone, and had never been to Costa Rica, never mind Tambor! Judy and Javier picked me up from the airport in Tambor and drove to the B &B, pointing out things along the way, and making me feel instantly welcome. The B and B is lush, and beautiful , they place stunning fresh arrangements everywhere, it's just breathtaking, I took so many pictures of the landscape, the vibrancy and variety in this area! I stayed in the separate suite right off the pool, with my own bathroom, tv, sitting room, and luxurious bed. Slept so well while there, truly. Every morning I enjoyed a delicious breakfast, great variety, always accompanied with an array of fresh fruit! I also enjoyed the Ranchero(tiki bar type area) having some wonderful and varied cocktails while chatting with the friendly and interesting guests, barkeep, Javier and Judy. Never once did I feel 'alone' I laid out and read two books, I did my own things too, but, usually I would find myself seeking out the gang eventually, as they are just such a pleasure to be around! After seeing a family come back raving about the ATV trip, Javier was kind enough and totally hung ho to take me on the ATV trip on my last full day.. It was fabulous ! We travelled all over, saw the monkeys in the trees, the fisher men's wharf, different towns, and stopped for a wonderfully cold beer near the end, truly a great experience, I can't wait to go back and do it with my teenage kids, they will love it! The dinners were really good! 2 days in a row, I wanted to indulge in some lobster, not a problem at all! Judy took me on a tour of the area, and we had such an easy rappor I felt like she'd been a friend for a long while. I really can't say enough about the people, the food, the quality of everything, from my mattress to my mimosa lol, I can't wait to go back. The B and B was perfect, and Judy and Javier have a few beautiful 2 and 3 bedroom homes that are available to rent as well, I saw them on my tour with Judy, and I want to bring my family down next trip and take one over! Thanks for a great introduction to Costa Rica and Tambor! Pura Vida! See you soon! Amy

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I wanted to visit Costa Rica and happened upon Vista Hermosa Bed and Breakfast in Tambor on Expedia. When we arrived at Vista Hermosa via very convenient shuttle service we were met by Hosts Judy and Javier. We had rented the guest house which was beautiful and private. The property is very well maintained and gorgeous. With the gardens,Private pool, short walk to the beach our expectations were exceeded. Judy and Javier offered us full service excursions, including zip lining, horse back riding, ATVing lead by Javier and a trip to Tortuga Island. We ended up taking the all inclusive packages which included meals and beverages. The dining experience was fantastic. Food was plentiful and superb. It really felt like we were in a private oasis. There are many sleep options as well. There is another guest house available as well as 2 beautifully decorated bedrooms. We have already booked our return trip in March. We highly recommend this as an ultimate vacation spot. Javier is from the area and we felt that we were privy to some adventures that the average traveller would not experience. Go and see for yourself!!
Sandra and Walter Zanetti

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a family there are tons of options. For a couple we enjoyed the guest ho...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vista Hermosa Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!