“Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 attractions in Tambor
Type: Water sports, Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a PADI Resort, fully equipped with brand new Mares equipment. We offer dives, discovery scuba diving and a lot of specialized diving courses all around the Peninsula of Nicoya, including the stunning ambiance of Isla Tortuga and two wrecks from the Coast Guard. Our 2 dive boats are spacious Apex 26' with room for 12 people on each and easy access. Both are equipped with radio, gps, fish finder and full set of safety equipment.We offer more than Diving, Fishing and adventure tours around the Nicoya Peninsula. We have experienced and qualified local guides who will make sure you have a day to remember.
Midwesterner
7 attraction reviews
“Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Snorkeling excursion was excellent! Fun, educational, relaxing. Milton was a wonderful guide - full of interesting history & information. Beautiful sites to see along the way. Plenty offish to see during the snorkeling part of the trip. Lunch on the beach was delicious. Awesome day with these guys!

Visited February 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Great experience getting PADI Certified!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My sister and I had a great time getting our PADI Open Water Diver licenses with Dive Academy Ballena Blanca in December 2012. My sister was a nervous diver and Steve (the owner) and Carlos did a wonderful job putting her at ease. Everyone was professional and helpful, which made the experience a lot of fun. I'm very glad that I completed my certification with this company.

Visited December 2012
Steve B, Owner at Dive Academy Ballena Blanca, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thanks for the review, it was our pleasure to teach you both and well done again on becoming certified divers... See you next time..
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful experience and even better people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When I was taking my online PADI course, I chose Ballena Blanca just because it was the closest dive shop to the resort I was going to stay at in Tambor. Little did I know just how providential that decision would turn out. Steve and Geraldine, the owners of the shop, were immensely gracious and supportive (to the point of even offering their personal pool at their home for our training when the pool at Los Delfines was too crowded!), and helped us not only with our diving certification but also with booking other tours around the area. All the equipment was excellent, and our instructor Carlos was very experienced and supportive in helping us learn all the material quickly so that we could get in the open water as soon as possible. All in all, a fantastic experience and a wonderful dive shop to learn from.

Visited December 2012
Steve B, Owner at Dive Academy Ballena Blanca, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thanks Sanjay, were here to make sure you have the best possible experience.. see you next time.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

These are very nice people running a rock solid dive academy. Very clean and professional with all new equipment. My wife and I got certified here while on our honeymoon and were very pleased with the experience. Both Steve and Carlos were excellent instructors and I would highly recommend this dive shop to anyone.

Visited January 2013
Thanks for the kind words Justin, it was great to have you here.
Zurzach, Switzerland
“Want to learn how to dive? -There's no better place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

As I have been fascinated from the oceans, the planet's last great living wilderness, for quite a while, I was eager to find out about this whole new world.

Carlos Solana made this dream come true. He and his team have proven to be very dilligent, friendly, knowledgabel and professional. I felt safe from the very beginning.

Diving has given me the peace, as you dive beneath the calm, to instantly feel my wordly worries melt away.

I started as a beginner and finished as an advanced diver thanks to an excellent diving pro!

THANK YOU!