“Want to learn how to dive? -There's no better place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Tambor
Type: Tours, Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI Resort, fully equipped with brand new Mares equipment. We offer dives, discovery scuba diving and a lot of specialized diving courses all around the Peninsula of Nicoya, including the stunning ambiance of Isla Tortuga and two wrecks from the Coast Guard. Our 2 dive boats are spacious Apex 26' with room for 12 people on each and easy access. Both are equipped with radio, gps, fish finder and full set of safety equipment.We offer more than Diving, Fishing and adventure tours around the Nicoya Peninsula. We have experienced and qualified local guides who will make sure you have a day to remember.
Zurzach, Switzerland
“Want to learn how to dive? -There's no better place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

As I have been fascinated from the oceans, the planet's last great living wilderness, for quite a while, I was eager to find out about this whole new world.

Carlos Solana made this dream come true. He and his team have proven to be very dilligent, friendly, knowledgabel and professional. I felt safe from the very beginning.

Diving has given me the peace, as you dive beneath the calm, to instantly feel my wordly worries melt away.

I started as a beginner and finished as an advanced diver thanks to an excellent diving pro!

THANK YOU!

Visited March 2012

Zurich, Switzerland
“Had anybody told me I'd be diving one day I would have laughed at them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Had anybody told me I'd be diving one day I would have laughed at them

Carlos and his crew made this incredible expierence possible. His amazing patience and assurance coupled with a wonderful and open personality has made it happen even for me!

If you are not sure you have the courage - go see Carlos, he'll make it happen! :)

THANK YOU! We'll be back.

Visited March 2012
Rye Brook, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Dive Academy Ballena Blanca - great scuba shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I did several dives with Dive Academy Ballena Blanca in August 2011, including my final Advanced Open Water certification dives, regular open water dives with my brother-in-law, and my son's first open water dive. The operation is great, with new equipment and great staff. Carlos, the head of the operation, is a well-rounded intstructor, equally capable with beginners and experienced people, Great outfit!!

Visited August 2011
Slough, England, United Kingdom
“If you want the best and most friendly...LOOK NO FURTHER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I work as Head of Sports and Dive Instructor aboard the 5 star cruise ship The Star Flyer for the company Star Clippers which is presently cruising Panama, Nicaragua and Costa Rica and i was lucky enough to bump in to Carlos Solana on Isla Tortugas where he has operated a dive academy since before 2008.

I was immediately very impressed by his helpful and friendly manner but most of all his enthusiasm and extensive knowledge of the whole area both above and below water! He took myself and my Guests on a dive to a special local dive site at very short notice and was extremely informative and knowledgable throughout the afternoon. My guests and i not only had a great afternoons diving but we got to see between 60 and 80 lesser Devil rays swim past in procession over a wreck that Carlos had led us to.

I have been diving over 20 years all over the world and I consider Carlos to be not only a consumate professional, but also someone that is just a lot of fun to hang out with and i wholeheartedly recommend anyone to look him and his wife up for diving and many other tours that i know they offer. You will not be disappointed if you are looking for the real deal.

All the very best and good luck
Alex Peters

North Vancouver, Canada
“Great day with awesome crew and guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We went on a 2 tank dive and saw an array of reef life and a wreck as well. The lunch was amazing and on a neat little island that looks like a scene out of some movie. I would definately recomend this to anyone. Our captain/cook was really friendly ( bi-lingual too!) and the owner was one of the friendliest guys ive met. He even went out of his way let us follow him to the ferry late at night so we could catch it on time and get to our next destination.